Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to add a switch to the dash on my 18 RG. Just for simple led lights under tank and stuff. Harley has a switch harness that replaces the 3 blank ones on the fairing dash, but its like 150 bucks, and you only get 2 working switches! WTF is up with that?
Anyways, Im just trying to add 1 switch I can wire straight to it. My local dealer couldnt find just a switch outside that complete kit. Anyone else have any luck replacing the dummy switch with a real one?

pfa

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
For around $65 you can get part number 69200173 and 71400109 out of that same kit. If you put the switch in the center position it will power the P&A plug under the left side cover. That's how I power my LED lights. Not really what you're looking for but its an option.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I don’t believe anyone offers the switch other than from Harley-Davidson.
The RH Accessory switch itself part number is 71400130.
The LH Accessory switch number is 71400109.
the Switch base (69200173) is the same on both sides.
There is a good Video on YouTube that talks about the switch assembly. It has wiring diagrams too.
Here is a short video that covers how to remove and install the switch itself in the base.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Jblohm
1 - 3 of 3 Posts