Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone flash power vision and have the idle go high 1500rpm ect and won’t go back dow

What did you do I added a high flow Horse power inc V2 have slip one now I cannot get it to come down all of a sudden it’s @1200rpm plus to 1500rpm plus? I’m lost at this. Any on-site I’ve redone loaded and reflashed same ole same. Also this happened while riding went ape on RPM’s but also pulling in clutch lever it come down in RPM but once released it still high. Also gear to gear I have a heavy clunk and pushes forward. Oh.... and I did have that clutch recall done and now that and the high RPM’s.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What year is your bike ? Are you sure it's not sucking air at intake manifold? Highly likely with inconsistent RPM at idle. Simple to check.
My 2 cents,Arkie

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
found this on another forum:

With the kill switch on and had off the throttle, cycle the ignition on/off 4 times allowing it to come up all the way each time. That should reset it for you. As mentioned, this can happen if shut down when not at full low idle.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
975-1050 is just a tad high for the m8, but as the manual says, there are several factors that affect that. also, that 850 is warm idle, if the engine is cold, it should idle a little higher. i say keep riding it, and see if it settles into the rhythm. if after a bit, it is still too high, well, that's what the warranty is for.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts