Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are throwing around the idea of going to SW4. Just wandering what route people are going that are west of MN and IA? I am thinking about going to Sault Ste Maria then 17 and so on. We would leave Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Looking for more ideas and maybe someone to meet up with at the end of the day.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi dirtyb. I am also considering taking Hwy 17 from Sault St. Marie to SWIV. Actually, I started a thread on this a few months ago and got some great information from a number of forum members. I think it is on page 2 of this topic right now.

tj

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Maybe, figuring on leaving Sturgis Thursday morning the only thing else in stone is the destination. Probably get a big day out of the way Thursday then kick back and Glide :D

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe, figuring on leaving Sturgis Thursday morning the only thing else in stone is the destination. Probably get a big day out of the way Thursday then kick back and Glide :D
I know we are leaving friday morning. What do you consider a big day?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just leaving myself some notes to help me make a decision on how to get to SW4:)

If we meet up with Garvin 345miles 6hrs by car from Sauk Rapids to Green bay. 253miles 5hrs by car from Green bay to St Ignace, Mi

600 mile first day

524 miles 11hrs by car straight shot thru Escanaba then on to St Ignace (MN 95 to US 8)

·
Registered
480 Posts
My wife & I are planning on going thru Sault St Marie & taking 17 at this point. We are planning on leaving Saturday morning, take us about 2 hrs to get to Escanaba from where we live. Not sure if you're still thinking about going that route but we could probably meet up somewhere in the U.P.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife & I are planning on going thru Sault St Marie & taking 17 at this point. We are planning on leaving Saturday morning, take us about 2 hrs to get to Escanaba from where we live. Not sure if you're still thinking about going that route but we could probably meet up somewhere in the U.P.
Right now I am thinking about meeting up with Garvin friday night and taking 17 home. It's along way out so lots could change. The only thing I put in stone is leaving Friday morning or maybe thursday night......lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts