Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us are going this year. First for me. My friend is being added to the memorial.

A couple of us are riding to DC from MA and then going to Kentucky on that Tuesday to drink bourbon for the rest of the week

Any other LEO's going to be there?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Police week is a pretty amazing event but I can not attend this year. If you are only there till Tuesday you will miss several events just fyi. I have several people on that wall and you will be amazed if you have never attended.

As far as KY it has some great riding and even better bourbon.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm sure we could be there for the week but it's always a challenge to make as much use of our vacation time as possible. I'm looking forward to it, although with mixed emotions.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Not a LEO, but a DC area native. A while back, I would go to the Vulcan Forum Reunions most every year. The last one I attended in 2011 was held close-by in Culpepper, VA. One of the female attendees rode from Arkansas and had wanted to see the police memorial to remember a relative that was taken too soon, but nobody would go with her. I told her I knew where it was and would be happy to show the way. We rode up through DC and to the memorial. I took a few pictures of her as she traced the name of her cousin onto a piece of paper. I shared those pictures with her and have kept them private out of respect for her and her time at the National Police Memorial.

Having a degree in Criminal Justice, I had wanted to be a LEO in my younger years. It never came to pass as a career, but my heart has been with that profession. I hope that you and your com-padres have a safe trip to DC and then to KY and back. My condolences to the name you know as friend. RIP.

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
I'll be there working. And -- please feel free to reach out to me regarding traffic flows, parking, hotels, etc. Happy to help. DOOF

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
If you guys (And Doof if he's not working) are coming down, keep in mind the PA, MD, Meet and Greet in Frederick, MD on 13 May.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts