Road Glide banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I went with the Harley stage 2 torque cam and FP3 since I already had it from my stage 1. My bike is an 18 RGS and when I got the torque cam V&H did not have the cam listed. I emailed them and they sent a Cam map through the app. I ran that for about 2 years no issues. The bike pulled and felt great. I recently discovered you could removed the governor from the bike and ref lashed it with the listed Cam. I didn’t like the way the bike felt and it threw a couple codes. I once again sent V&H an email and got another map that I’m happy with! No issues for a couple weeks! I’m also running V&H power duals and hi output exhaust. My setup is good for me and that’s saying a lot because I was coming off an hayabusa before getting a Harley. This is my second Harley. The first was an all V&H setup but only stage 1. Just my opinion. They are good quality.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I went thru it.. I couldn't get it to tune right, even after V&H tech tried to held x 2. Said F it and got a dyno Jet with target tune.

·
Administrator
10,414 Posts
Mine was painless and got a great tune from them in mere minutes , runs a lot cooler ..
I wonder why they want you to contact them to do the cam change with the J1850 four pin .
Tech who did mine ( we did it on chat ) said nothing changed except them putting them cam in , but I know the fuel tables had to change , so that may have been automatic once it sees the cam change ..

JtB

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
City would ave 150-180 per tank. Hwy 210-230 depending on winds and my chosen speed..
That sucks! That sounds like an older car mileage!

I am still seeing bow.much difference my mileage will change since I changed my exhaust. I dont have enough long distance on to track it yet. Too many short jaunts. I typically do alloy of highway miles. With this virus shit, I am only doing city /, local. So not many tanks in yet.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I just did this. Here is my backstory summerized.

16 RGU did fuelmoto powerpack, stage 1 with FP3. Ran it this was from 2017 to just last week. I loved the connection with phone, and for what I needed it fit the bill. Autotune took awhile to get dialed in, but bike has run strong....and cool, but mileage sucked. City would ave 150-180 per tank. Hwy 210-230 depending on winds and my chosen speed.

I was doing what you are doing researching, and pros and cons of tuners. I pulled trigger on Cyclerama 570-2 and PV from Fuelmoto. Took me an afternoon and a few beers and I was up and running. Loaded the PV map and went for test ride. Bike is strong, and ran great. Ran 3 autotune sessions and it is even more dialed in. Finishing first tank of gas, city commuting and already at 170 with over 1/4 tank left.

I was initially going to set this tune, and then put my FP3 and try and reset to tune with FP3. But the bike is so good now, I do not want to mess it up. I can maybe answer any direct questions you have. I only have a weeks worth of seat time and hoping to ride to the coast this weekend so highway riding will be done.

Sorry for the long post.
Roro, did you notice any changes to how much heat (both engine temp and felt heat) was produced when you swapped your cam and tuner?

·
Registered
122 Posts
As of now with TX heat starting to get up there, I am noticing temps are a little lower, and heat on legs are not so bad on 90* temps riding home from work.

I can definitely tell you the tune sent by Fuelmoto was great, and got better after 3 autotune sessions. I will do another 1 when it is peak summer to see if I can keep commuting temps in the 215 range.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts