Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed 2 BT4180 amps in front faring under radio? One over the other? If so care to share pics?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
They wanted a ridiculous amount of money when I called them for a set of speakers and amp. LIke 1500 or something.
You are exactly right...Pricey for sure, but solid equipment thats been proven.....Mine been going for 8years now and never missed a beat, and all my fellow riders along side, back, at stops says Doug's Glide Fucking Rocks...So it's a big price to pay....Cry once, Pay once....Oh, a lifetime warranty helps too....Big fan of that knowing I just need to fill out a return slip and they send a new one...No worries down the road...Yes, there are better, louder and over the top...it's a fucking Harley, not a circus....Good luck in chasing the audio unicorn, been there...DONE....:nerd:

·
Registered
753 Posts
No and I never plan on getting one. That company is a rip-off unless you get it used somewhere. I got a Diamond amp. Much better!

Roll down the window and throw out the crack pipe. I’m running a diamond in my 16 and BT in my 18. If you think they’re a rip off you need to get a few more installs and setups under your belt brother. They’re not cheap or perfect for every setup, but that doesn’t make them a rip off. The diamond is great in bridged configuration but kinda worthless for anything but horns in 4 channel mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Has anyone installed 2 BT4180 amps in front faring under radio? One over the other? If so care to share pics?
I'm all for you getting two amps under that fairing, but what kind of system are you trying to put together? I'm not so sure I can be of help to you but I'm interested.

·
Registered
753 Posts
RODIE13, Has anyone ever put 2 BT4180 in center of Glide in side fairing under stock radio.

If anyone knows it’s Mike at BT. I haven’t heard of anyone doing it but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
You are exactly right...Pricey for sure, but solid equipment thats been proven.....Mine been going for 8years now and never missed a beat, and all my fellow riders along side, back, at stops says Doug's Glide Fucking Rocks...So it's a big price to pay....Cry once, Pay once....Oh, a lifetime warranty helps too....Big fan of that knowing I just need to fill out a return slip and they send a new one...No worries down the road...Yes, there are better, louder and over the top...it's a fucking Harley, not a circus....Good luck in chasing the audio unicorn, been there...DONE....:nerd:
Yep couldn't agree more. I've had a few different audio setups before BT, just wish I had gotten BT before wasting time with other well known named audio brands. Not gonna mention names but one of em rhymes with Fokker >:)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Well, I'm not going to jump into the BT debate, because the few transactions I've had with them have been pretty good, even when one particular part was faulty. Very helpful and responsive as well.

With that said, you could do two Diamond Micro4v2 in the fairing. One under the radio and one on top of the headlight. Where and how you're going to stuff the power and ground wires from the battery box to the AMPS is the real question.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yep couldn't agree more. I've had a few different audio setups before BT, just wish I had gotten BT before wasting time with other well known named audio brands. Not gonna mention names but one of em rhymes with Fokker >:)
I know what your talking about. I agree, garbage

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
So there is NO ONE, who has put 2 BT4180’s one under the other in the fairing?
Ive never heard of anybody running 2 of them. When running multiple amps, people are usually going a different route. Id like to see it done, could be interesting.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Have you pulled the fairing and headlight to try dry fitting it? Did you call Mike? Only one way to find out for sure.......

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Heavy Metal, l have been following along and I may have missed it but what year bike are you on? I think you and I maybe talked about this awhile back. I run a 4180 and a 2180 under my fairing. My bike is a 2011, I used industrial strength Velcro and mounted them behind the bulk head of the glove box on each side. I tried looking on line at a newer bike behind the fairing, seeings how I’ve never seen one and that doesn’t look like a option. Good luck and maybe you will come up with some thing.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
On the Rushmore Road Glides there are only two possible mounting locations for reasonably sized AMPS. Under the radio or on top of the headlamp. Otherwise the interior of the fairing is already stuffed full of speaker pods, halogen headlamp assembly and top vent assembly. Unless someone wants to get really creative with very tiny Micro AMPS, I don't see any way to stuff more than 2 AMPS up front. Any more than that (or larger AMPS) are going to have to go into the bags or a tourpak.

You could put one BT4180 directly under the radio, and then put a DA Micro4v2 or CV B54 on top of the headlamp. I think the BT4180 is too wide to sit on top of the headlamp.

For comparison purposes (based on the AMPS I know)

Dimensions

BT418
7" x 5" x 1.8"

Micro4v2 or CV B54
9.07" x 4" x 1.46"

The width and the height are the two dimensions that might trip you up trying to put a BT4180 above the headlamp. But as many have said, one of the folks at BT should be able to tell you if it's ever done. They would be the experts.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’m wanting to put 2 BT4180’s under radio / above Headlight. If possible.

On the Rushmore Road Glides there are only two possible mounting locations for reasonably sized AMPS. Under the radio or on top of the headlamp. Otherwise the interior of the fairing is already stuffed full of speaker pods, halogen headlamp assembly and top vent assembly. Unless someone wants to get really creative with very tiny Micro AMPS, I don't see any way to stuff more than 2 AMPS up front. Any more than that (or larger AMPS) are going to have to go into the bags or a tourpak.

You could put one BT4180 directly under the radio, and then put a DA Micro4v2 or CV B54 on top of the headlamp.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I’m wanting to put 2 BT4180’s under radio / above Headlight. If possible.
Why don't you make mock up amps out of cardboard, pull the fairing off and see if you can do it....

·
Registered
31 Posts
4 should fit in '13 and down roadglides, 2 beside the radio vertically and 2 behind the gloveboxes. I think 2 will fit side by side on a Lex Rivera amp mount on '14 and up RG's. Here is a photo of a Soundigital 1200.4 on the mount. The specs are Dimensions (L x W x H) 10.31 x 7.09 x 2.09 in, which is about twice the size of 1 BT 4180.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts