Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disaster struck this week-end for a brother. My long time riding partner had his 09 SE RG110 grenade on him this past week-end. His oil pump failed, and resulted in a grenaded motor. At least that's the preliminary diagnosis. He had spuratic oil pressure on a ride out to Baker City OR, then when he got to the hotel Saturday evening it started making a hirendous noise, and that's all she wrote. Up till then other than slightly reduced/spuratic oil pressure readings the bike ran fine.
So they trailered it back and had got started on the teardown, cam bearings, cam plate, oil pump (physically broken), cams, all garbage, oh yea and one cover cracked.
Now comes the big decision--repair/rebuild, replace with a crate 110, or a SE120? Unless of course someone has a 110 for sale fairly close.

I had been with him Friday from here to Umatilla, and his bike ran great the whole day, the only blessing in all this is another one of our regular group had a trailer and was able to go and pick by buddy and his wife (and her bike) up in Oregon. U-haul and anyone else you could rent a truck from were all close till this morning.

Suggestions welcome, feel free to chime in.

Rowdy

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
wonder what Frank is up to.

Wonder what kind of tricks Frank has up his sleeve. Accidently, stumbled into Bike Week in Baker City once, on my way to Seattle. Had a nice time riding down into Hells Canyon.

·
Super Moderator
12,429 Posts
On the HD forum there VTGlideRider states that his local dealer has a few 110s for sale that were replaced by 120s, might want to see if you can get info there.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
I feel his pain....all to well. Although mine was just an 88....but still.
Sure hate to hear that but luckily he had a trailer nearby like I did.
What to do now? Decisions, decisions........

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel his pain....all to well. Although mine was just an 88....but still.
Sure hate to hear that but luckily he had a trailer nearby like I did.
What to do now? Decisions, decisions........
88 or 110 really doesn't matter when they break... You could say near by, it was only 850 miles round trip... :D It sucks either way when you bike ain't workin and it's big bucks to fix it.

Rowdy

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not sure what you have decided. I've seen quote a few (basically new) 110's on CL.

Here's one S&S Anniversary SE (local in my area). 120hp! for 6750.00

1 - 10 of 10 Posts