Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a set of lowers for my 13 fltrx and I'm seeing this lowers on ebay that are already painted gloss black and selling new for less than $100 dollars. Anyone know about the quality?

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
They are pretty flimsy compared to oem, but do the same job once on and look good. Mutazu is an other company that sells after market fairings.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.install?

They are pretty flimsy compared to oem, but do the same job once on and look good. Mutazu is an other company that sells after market fairings.
Pretty easy to install? Never fooled with lowers before. Look to be quite a few pieces from eBay pics

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
I can tell you first hand that the Mutazu lowers worked out great for me. I paid just under $200.00 with better hardware and they work great and look even better. IMO they are a winner at a great price.
Swomack

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Pretty easy to install? Never fooled with lowers before. Look to be quite a few pieces from eBay pics
Youtube has a few videos to watch. They're not hard to assemble and install.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
modification?

I can tell you first hand that the Mutazu lowers worked out great for me. I paid just under $200.00 with better hardware and they work great and look even better. IMO they are a winner at a great price.
Swomack
I'm looking at that brand and the seller says that all road glides require "fairing cap modification". You know what the deal is with that? They have the complete set in that brand for 169.00

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I'm looking at that brand and the seller says that all road glides require "fairing cap modification". You know what the deal is with that? They have the complete set in that brand for 169.00
Yeah, you have to trim like 2.5" off the cap part that runs along the engine guard. That's to fit the main fairing support braces

Fairing Factory (also can be found on eBay) has newer style lower fairings with cap already trimmed for the same price as Matazu and come with both storage and speaker pods.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah, you have to trim like 2.5" off the cap part that runs along the engine guard. That's to fit the main fairing support braces

Fairing Factory (also can be found on eBay) has newer style lower fairings with cap already trimmed for the same price as Matazu and come with both storage and speaker pods.
I gotcha! I did find the matuzo that had already been trimmed for RG. Thanks

Reactions: ! rock103 !

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I want to get a set as well. Leaning toward the newer style from Fairing Factory.

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
I cut my caps about 2-1/4" and it took ten minutes to do both caps.
Worked out great for me.
Swomack

·
Registered
15 Posts
There seem to be several companies with offerings that, at least from the pictures, look identical to the new style lower fairings offered by HD. I have seen prices that are as low as $134 (ebay, vostore) to $699 (HD) for vivid black.

Really want to buy soon, and can't decide which way to go - though I know HD won't get the order!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Mutazu

I picked up a set direct from Matuzo this past June. As I recall they were $140 delivered, you have to call them and discuss pricing and being a Forum member. You do have to trim a little of the top cap with a cut off wheel or saw, a very simple modification. I upgraded the hardware to stainless for a few bucks @ Ace. Know several others that run them and no complaints.
There seem to be several companies with offerings that, at least from the pictures, look identical to the new style lower fairings offered by HD. I have seen prices that are as low as $134 (ebay, vostore) to $699 (HD) for vivid black.

Really want to buy soon, and can't decide which way to go - though I know HD won't get the order!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

What year is your Road Glide?

·
Registered
67 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts