Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at replacing fairing trim on my RG and was looking at the X trim product . Just wondering if it's actually worth 25 bucks for the two trim pieces? Anyone using it?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it don't get stiff and pop out all the time like the factory crap...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
So it don't get stiff and pop out all the time like the factory crap...
It works great, it don't come off unless you take it off. Had to replace my outer fairing a while back removed X Trim from old fairing and put it on the new fairing, still no problems.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a winner then. Thanks

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I've had the X-Trim on mine for nearly four years. No problems. Buy the X-Trim and toss the factory crap.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I had the xtrim but removed it, I found it to be very thick and bulky, I ended up going to autozone and buying a pack of automotive door trim, it has a lower profile and a bit of gloss to it...

·
Registered
376 Posts
I got the big kit with three pieces in it or something. Works pretty great. My only thing was it seemed pricey for what it is. I'm sure you couldn't spend that much on it if you found it at a hardware store or something. But they are great, and send plenty to do the job, less hassle than trying to find it yourself too I suppose.

Reactions: Galooch

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pics?

Anyone have any pics of it installed? There site doesn't show much and I'd like to see just how bulky it is installed

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I had the xtrim but removed it, I found it to be very thick and bulky, I ended up going to autozone and buying a pack of automotive door trim, it has a lower profile and a bit of gloss to it...
Never had the x trim but used the door trim from Pep Boys works great plus was about $10 for 15 or so ft.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
I use xtrim too. I like it. It's thicker than the stock crap so it does stay in place. It is a lil pricey but not having to mess with it at all sort of washes the price. Some people use automotive door trim for a couple of bucks I liked the fact xtrim is thicker.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts