Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just wondering how long stock RG LED headlamp assembly might last? Anyone had to replace their's because of defect or burnout?

Thanks..... goldie

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Haven't heard of anything yet. Not to say something broke along the way for someone, but that led will last a loooong time. If anything were to go I think it would be the pig tail.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'd like to replace mine if I could find a brighter replacement. I don't know if it's just me or not, but I swear these newer style daymakers don't seem to be as bright as the original ones I had on my 2012.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd like to replace mine if I could find a brighter replacement. I don't know if it's just me or not, but I swear these newer style daymakers don't seem to be as bright as the original ones I had on my 2012.
I was reading a different post where someone said they adjusted their headlights and it made a huge difference in visibility. Might want to try that before you drop a lot of coin on replacements.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I was reading a different post where someone said they adjusted their headlights and it made a huge difference in visibility. Might want to try that before you drop a lot of coin on replacements.
They're low from the factory. I raised mine and it made a big difference. Lowered the front an inch and have not raised them back up yet. I need to.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Yup. Adjust them.

As far as replacement, the only one on the market right now is from Custom Dynamics. Pricey, but heard nothing but good things.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Should have mentioned I already adjusted them. They just don't seem to have the same output the older style did.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Agree with you on his myglide. I will try the adjustment thing.

·
Registered
515 Posts
When I adjusted mine I had to raise it a lot higher than what the HD repair manual states.
Yup! Adjust in incaments and test
High and low beam make sure you are not too blinding for cage in front of you or oncoming traffic when riding at night you will be seen and see better road coverage at night ( factory. Setting is too low IMO) also helps to add additional lights

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
I may have to replace a set. Last weekend my wife and I took a ride, I believe a rock or something hit her lights, the plastic shield is cracking like tempered glass. We rode 200 plus miles home and it’s still holding together, but I don’t know how long I’m going to trust it, or how long it will last. The OEM replacement is just over $600, Custom Dynamics is $800. I don’t know which way to go. She wants OEM, I may buy the Custom Dynamics put it in my bike and put my OEM lights in her bike. I’ll just wait and see, if I can, Daytona is our next planned out of town ride, if they last that long, Custom Dynamics is always there and I can compare, not to mention they’ll install them free of charge. Harley should sell a replacement shield, this is going cost, I sure wish it was the old style, I have plenty of lights and the knockoff daymakers are really cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts