Road Glide banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,389 Posts
You won't like the forward controls on anything over an hr . I got Forward controls on the fxr. They were doable yrs back but not so much as I got old. Good for short rides though.
Besides that it's a good platform. The TC 88 was a solid engine and trans. About the same as my 05 Deluxe except for the smaller front end and taller wheel.
You will have to change cam chain tentioner out around 25 k . The moco used springs back then . They just didn't hold up well.

·
Registered
10,389 Posts
I really had not considered a softail because I was skeptical that a guy my size would be comfortable on one - especially at this age. I had focused on DYNAs, but this Deuce came up and is in mint condition w/ extremely low mileage so I thought I should ask for opinions. I appreciate your take on it, and will likely end up with a swingarm bike.
Softail's are swingarm bikes, just in a different configuration ;)

·
Registered
10,389 Posts
Well I suppose technically you're right, considering anything without a swingarm would be a rigid, but you know the point I was making. Besides that, I have NEVER in my life heard anyone refer to a softail as a 'swingarm bike'. So kiss my ass ... and have a good weekend Gary.
No I didn't know you knew.. I dont take anytime for granted . Just trying to help there Sport.
You have a nice weekend.
BTW a swing arm is a swing arm .

·
Registered
10,389 Posts
You do realize that I was just yanking your chain when I said "So kiss my ass", don't you? If I was serious I wouldn't have said , "have a good weekend Gary".
Come on Fuzz, you can yank my chain anytime you want 😁 . We been doing this far to long to consider anything different .

·
Registered
10,389 Posts
Look at the 2 old fucks talkin about having carte blanch regarding the yanking of the others chain....does a heart good in these troubled times
I was figuring one from the Fla Girl scout club would of chimed in first. 😲

Reactions: SteadyEddie
1 - 5 of 5 Posts