Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out Santa is going to be bringing me some new bars for xmas this year and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me doing a full pictorial write up of the install? If a good one already exist then please let me know and i wont take up anymore web space than needed, I will just do a good write up with before and after pics. BUT if anyone is interested I love doing wrte ups so I dont mind. Any feedabck appreciated.

PS: I have no clue what kind of bars Im getting. She said... errr... I mean Santa said I would definatley like them so Im eagerly waiting! LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Donk,
This is a mod i need to tackle and probably will do it in the Spring so I'd appreciate a good write up with pictures and part numbers if you get extended cables or wiring harnesses. Did you give Santa any idea of what type of bars you want? PYOs?
Are you going to change out your bushings? Swap out the top handlebar clamps for a one piece? Those are a couple of things I remember reading about that I may consider.
Sounds like you have a good Santa, congrats!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Im interested, bars are one of the first things on my list to get changed.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wes10RG

If It helps you out then I will do the write up. Im not sure about cables, clamps or anything yet due to not knowing which bars I am getting. I dropped about 8 or 9 hints to santa that I wanted bars for my bike, but I trust her judgement... she wouldnt get me anything I didnt really want.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Just found out Santa is going to be bringing me some new bars for xmas this year and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me doing a full pictorial write up of the install? If a good one already exist then please let me know and i wont take up anymore web space than needed, I will just do a good write up with before and after pics. BUT if anyone is interested I love doing wrte ups so I dont mind. Any feedabck appreciated.

PS: I have no clue what kind of bars Im getting. She said... errr... I mean Santa said I would definatley like them so Im eagerly waiting! LOL
Would be nice if you can do. Will make it it's own thread.
Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
First and foremost, make sure that if bars are ordered, she asks if extensions are required for wiring, 2ndly if NEW clutch and brake cables are also needed. If you get what a lot of us have, Yaffe OEM Monkeys, nothing is needed. But wiring does take patience, and some LUBE. You will also be needing to remove your outer fairing. So make sure you are ready for this task. If you are pretty tool savy, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Take pics as you go for reminders of wiring, screw placement, etc....Those help a lot when reconnecting things. And before you put the fairing back together, make sure all your switches work, radio, etc...Hate to put it all back to only take apart again.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nakedsnowman,

She loves those bars, but they were not my fav so who knows what I got. I did a ton of research on the internal wiring and taking of the fairing so I should be good, Just going to take it slow and easy, and used lots of lube and lots of patience.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I'll echo the need for a good write up...... with REALLY good pictures. Guys like pictures. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to comment on the lube part ... LOL

·
Registered
643 Posts
Do a search here. There are several write-ups with pictures, including one I did. There are a lot of threads that discuss getting the wires through bars with right-angle bends as well. Lots of great tips and time-savers.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do a search here. There are several write-ups with pictures, including one I did. There are a lot of threads that discuss getting the wires through bars with right-angle bends as well. Lots of great tips and time-savers.
Thanks I will definatley do more searching!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts