Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like these bars for the price but I'm not sure if they'll fit because of the tbw. I did a search for this but couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
816 Posts
no tbw on 2007
Got heritage bars on my 07. Better than oem, like them better than the
Chromewerks mini apes I had on as #2 set. Wish they were a little wider and the wrist angle turned out a little more, but I have big shoulders.

Had a bit of a time fishing the heated grip wires thru, but got them after awhile.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Got the Heritage bars on my 08 not any difference between to 07 and 08 for handlebar fitment. The TBW handlebars will work on your 07 just fine the only difference between the TBW and the non-TBW bars are the notches on the end of the handlebars for the TBW twist grip sensor but those notches won't affect your throttle at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
anyone put heritage style bars on their 2007

I just put oem heritage bars on my 2007 aswell as new grips. Longer cables not needed and they fit me just right. Be very careful with the trottle/idle cable ferrules in the throttle housing. They're a bitch to find on the floor if you drop them. Being a klutz I planned for that and bought a set before I started.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
if anyone is interested, i pulled the trigger a little too quick on a set of heritage bars here thinking they were the 'heritage style', but they were in fact the non-tbw heritage bars. since i already paid for them, there was no way to (ethically) back out of the deal, but they aren't doing me any good.

i paid $45.00 shipped, if anyone wants to make me an offer.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
if anyone is interested, i pulled the trigger a little too quick on a set of heritage bars here thinking they were the 'heritage style', but they were in fact the non-tbw heritage bars. since i already paid for them, there was no way to (ethically) back out of the deal, but they aren't doing me any good.

i paid $45.00 shipped, if anyone wants to make me an offer.
If those are bars for a heritage they may not work on the FLTR. There should be a difference between the handlebars for a heritage and the heritage "style" handlebars for the FLTR/FLHR.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
If those are bars for a heritage they may not work on the FLTR. There should be a difference between the handlebars for a heritage and the heritage "style" handlebars for the FLTR/FLHR.
these are the older heritage bars, pre-tbw. i bought them off of this forum, from a guy who had them on his 2007 fltr.

here's a link to the original for sale thread... http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=23572

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
these are the older heritage bars, pre-tbw. i bought them off of this forum, from a guy who had them on his 2007 fltr.

here's a link to the original for sale thread... http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=23572
That's good then the handlebars you have are the Heritage Style. The reason I asked was because you mentioned that they were Heritage handlebars and not "Heritage style" handlebars. HD does make (or at least they use to) A Heritage style handlebar the was non-TBW but it was still called the "Heritage Style" handlebar and it is exactly the same as the "Heritage Style" TBW handlebars minus the TBW notches.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
That's good then the handlebars you have are the Heritage Style. The reason I asked was because you mentioned that they were Heritage handlebars and not "Heritage style" handlebars. HD does make (or at least they use to) A Heritage style handlebar the was non-TBW but it was still called the "Heritage Style" handlebar and it is exactly the same as the "Heritage Style" TBW handlebars minus the TBW notches.
Whats the difference between the pre tbw Heritage style bars and the Heritage bars? Knerels gap?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I was looking to do was put on a set of Heritage Style bars but I didn't know if the TBW notches would interfere with my throttle. I figure that was why Harley doesn't list them for older bikes.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Whats the difference between the pre tbw Heritage style bars and the Heritage bars? Knerels gap?
The only difference is the notches for the TBW other then that they are exactly the same. The TBW bars will work on the the 07 and earlier model FLTR.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
The only difference is the notches for the TBW other then that they are exactly the same. The TBW bars will work on the the 07 and earlier model FLTR.
I thought you said they made PRE tbw Heritage style bars also.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
like i mentioned earlier, i have a set of the pre tbw bars that i'm not using. anyone of you guys want to try them, pay the postage and they're yours.... if you like them, great. if you don't, then you didn't lose much. and i get to get them out of the garage.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I thought you said they made PRE tbw Heritage style bars also.
HD did make a pre-TBW Heritage style handlebar for the FLTR. When I bought my Heritage style handlebars in 08 HD had 2 part numbers for Heritage style handlebars for the FLTR, one was for the 07 and earlier FLTR and the other was for the TBW FLTR which make sense because the TBW was in its first year. The non-TBW part number is no longer available that I can find so the Heritage style handlebar that is now available is the TBW bars HD part #56902-08, even though HD list this part as being a 08 and later part it will still work on the 07 and earlier FLTR.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
HD did make a pre-TBW Heritage style handlebar for the FLTR. When I bought my Heritage style handlebars in 08 HD had 2 part numbers for Heritage style handlebars for the FLTR, one was for the 07 and earlier FLTR and the other was for the TBW FLTR which make sense because the TBW was in its first year. The non-TBW part number is no longer available that I can find so the Heritage style handlebar that is now available is the TBW bars HD part #56902-08, even though HD list this part as being a 08 and later part it will still work on the 07 and earlier FLTR.
Do you know what the difference was between the (pre) tbw Heritage style bars and the original Heritage bars for the softail. ?

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Do you know what the difference was between the (pre) tbw Heritage style bars and the original Heritage bars for the softail. ?
The handlebars for a Heritage softail are different bars altogether they have different rise and pullback measurements. I don't have a measurement comparison but if you use the Heritage softail handlebars you may have a problem using your stock cables and wires.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have p/n 56623-99 on my 07.

pg 590 in the 2011 book describes them as Heritage softail classics,
86 and later FLSTC no cable/line change needed unless 09 and later.

Theres a chart someplace that shows the dimensions by p/n. I dont remember the stock p/n. Think the pullback and rise is different on the Heritage bar, wrist angle is a little straighter for me. I have them pushed up as high as I can go. Bars tap the stock windshield at full lock. I will lift them some more when I change out the screen for something different.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a set or the older non TBW heritage handlebars that I had on my bike and worked without having to buy any longer cables. What I wanted was the same handlebars in black which brought me to the "heritage style" handlebars but the problem was they had the notches for TBW. I wasn't sure I could use them on my 2007 but I guess I can. I've been looking around and the measurements are the same 31.25w x 11.5h x 5 pullback. I figure $79.00 is cheaper than sending the ones I have out for powdercoat. Thanks for all your replies

1 - 20 of 20 Posts