Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else out there ride with their kids? My almost 8yo son and I rode a little over 200 miles this morning, almost all back roads, through a state park, and up onto the blue ridge parkway. I actually have 3 children, girls 13 & 10 and my son who will be 8 in November. All are ATGATT and I have added the Kuryakan adjustable passenger pegs to make sure they get good contact with their feet. Typically we do shorter rides around town, rides to school, etc...this was the longest ride by far that any of them have taken. We have communicators to keep in contact, so I can instruct them on riding position and they can let me know if they need a break...or just so we can chat about what we’re seeing. Just wondering if anyone else out there is taking their kids along on longer rides?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Great looking young man and future Harley enthusiast right there!

I have in the past but they are all grown and gone now! It looks like you've gone the extra steps to make sure they are comfortable and more importantly understand THEIR responsibilities on the ride. No greater memories there! Those pics brought back quite a few memories of my own. Nothing more than what you cited... about 100 miles or so. I plan to get the grandkids up on two wheels soon and will go about it the same way that you did.

Beautiful scoot, by the way!

·
Registered
945 Posts
My 2 daughters both started riding around 5 yrs old. They loved it and are now 22 and 27.
I'm in the same boat.
My daughter started riding when she was 4 1/2.
Got herself a Sporty before she even had her license.

Now she lives in Japan and rides over there.
She'll be 26 in 2 weeks.

First photo was just a day outing.
In the second photo we had been up camping in the Redwoods of Northern California

Attachments

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I sat my daughter on the tank of my Ninja when she was 4 or 5. Had her on the back of the Night Train all the time starting when she was 10. She's been on every one of my bikes since. She's 24 now, and still wants to go riding with me when she visits.

Pic below she was 15 or 16.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
My daughter has been riding with me since she turned 5 years old which is the legal age to ride I WA.

Now she has her own bike and can go on rides with me.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Both kids ride with me, they grew up riding dirt bikes and quads. Son now has his own sportster, daughter and i took a 4 day 2k trip over the summer before she headed of to college.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Anyone else out there ride with their kids? My almost 8yo son and I rode a little over 200 miles this morning, almost all back roads, through a state park, and up onto the blue ridge parkway. I actually have 3 children, girls 13 & 10 and my son who will be 8 in November. All are ATGATT and I have added the Kuryakan adjustable passenger pegs to make sure they get good contact with their feet. Typically we do shorter rides around town, rides to school, etc...this was the longest ride by far that any of them have taken. We have communicators to keep in contact, so I can instruct them on riding position and they can let me know if they need a break...or just so we can chat about what we’re seeing. Just wondering if anyone else out there is taking their kids along on longer rides?
Yes, but my kids are 32 and 35. They have their own bikes. Riding two up with one of them would be breaking some sort of non-spoken rule.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Payton has not ridden the black one for some time. I had removed the mounts we built and used them to get a friend going. Of course she has been riding the gold one. So today I put the black one all back together while she was at school and picked her up with it. She was happy to ride in it again.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X907saEztEU

Oh you were meaning offspring...

Sure Why Not?

Obviously the Pic is a Joke, and at time of posting this he is a little bit older (2 Months)
When he can reach the footpegs and is several years older; I’m sure he will tag along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now if you had a tour pack maybe a short ride.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts