Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a wanaryd wheel last year,and put a metzler 120-21 on it,i don't remember which one,but my tread wore out in about 7000 ams yeah I'm canadian,lol my local wrench buddy of mine thinks its from the tire only being rated for approx 700 lbs and the guy at the tire shop that mounted it for me says its the rake difference in adding a taller rim,well i dropped the front 2 inches with mono tubes so I'm lost ,anyone running a larger front rim notice tire tread not lasting long?

· Registered
852 Posts
i bought a wanaryd wheel last year,and put a metzler 120-21 on it,i don't remember which one,but my tread wore out in about 7000 ams yeah I'm canadian,lol my local wrench buddy of mine thinks its from the tire only being rated for approx 700 lbs and the guy at the tire shop that mounted it for me says its the rake difference in adding a taller rim,well i dropped the front 2 inches with mono tubes so I'm lost ,anyone running a larger front rim notice tire tread not lasting long?
Its the Metz. Handle great but wear fast. I had that on my Streetglide. I usually got about 12,000 miles out of front. Price of looking cool. :)

· Registered
19 Posts
I've had a 21" Metz on both of my baggers... about 10K miles average is what I've been getting. They handle great, and I don't mind spending $180 every 10K miles so I stay with Metz.

· Registered
230 Posts
So there is a disproportiante cost of the bike looking good
cost of replacing goodies will far exceed cost of replacing stock everytime
$29 crossover fail cost $200 this week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.