Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a new 2015 RGS and the suspension definitely needs improvement :)

Just trying to decide between Air Ride (Legends) and traditional Ohlins coil-over type shocks. They are both pricey, so money isn't a factor.

I do like the option of dumping the air in the air ride system (I'm a little on the short inseam side) but I don't want to compromise on the quality of the ride. I've had Ohlins before and know they are good.

Thanks for any feedback / advice.

· Registered
9,795 Posts
I have the monroe DIY air shock set up. It's I'm sure nothing compared to the big expensive air ride set ups both for the money the monroes aren't too bad

· Registered
28 Posts
Berms,

Air shocks leave a lot of users frustrated. Running 10lbs-15lbs gives a great ride in town at low speeds, but is immediately useless on the highway. Running 25lbs-30lbs keeps the back end more stable on the highway, but is usually like a brick when you get in town.

You might want to look at the JRi Shocks for your solution. We have special pricing for Roadglide.org members and satisfaction is guaranteed with us.

Our 11" shock is taking off like wildfire and a great solution for more comfort with your machine if you have a 30 inch inseam or less. Our 13" shock is less provides a plush ride for an array of riding. Our 12" shock gives sharper handling while still soaking up the bumps.

For more information, visit our website: http://www.jrishocks.com/harleydavidson/

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Berms,

Air shocks leave a lot of users frustrated. Running 10lbs-15lbs gives a great ride in town at low speeds, but is immediately useless on the highway. Running 25lbs-30lbs keeps the back end more stable on the highway, but is usually like a brick when you get in town.

You might want to look at the JRi Shocks for your solution. We have special pricing for Roadglide.org members and satisfaction is guaranteed with us.

Our 11" shock is taking off like wildfire and a great solution for more comfort with your machine if you have a 30 inch inseam or less. Our 13" shock is less provides a plush ride for an array of riding. Our 12" shock gives sharper handling while still soaking up the bumps.

For more information, visit our website: http://www.jrishocks.com/harleydavidson/
Thanks for the info. I'll take a a look at the website. Just out of curiosity, where are the JRI shocks manufactured? And do you make a piggyback or remote reservoir shock for Harley touring bikes?

Thanks.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the monroe DIY air shock set up. It's I'm sure nothing compared to the big expensive air ride set ups both for the money the monroes aren't too bad
Thanks, for the feedback.
The new Legend Aero A air ride is the one I'm thinking about getting. It's pricey, but as they say you get what you pay for.

· Registered
33 Posts
I installed the "Areo A" shocks on my 2015, I'm pleased with the limited ride so far (not much riding this winter), I had the Arnott's "Aladdin's" previously on my 2011, the compressor with the legends is comparable with the arnott in time to raise the shocks, the ride on the legends so far is better, have not had enough seat time to make judgement on the fine tune adjustments on the shocks. I just completed an installation of an air gauge which I never had on the 11.

Good Luck with your decision.

· Registered
236 Posts
I have the Dirty Air ride system. $400 bucks. Easy to install, and I have no issues. Once you get used to them, and you know where you need them to be for your comfort, they are a great affordable option. No different from spending 1000-2000 on legends. Same shit.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I installed the "Areo A" shocks on my 2015, I'm pleased with the limited ride so far (not much riding this winter), I had the Arnott's "Aladdin's" previously on my 2011, the compressor with the legends is comparable with the arnott in time to raise the shocks, the ride on the legends so far is better, have not had enough seat time to make judgement on the fine tune adjustments on the shocks. I just completed an installation of an air gauge which I never had on the 11.

Good Luck with your decision.
Hey viguy, thanks for your response.

I'd be really interested to hear back from you about the ride quality after you have had a chance to put a few more miles on them.

Thanks again, look forward to hearing from you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.