Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had apes on my bikes but want to switch it up some with the Rushmore Road Glide by installing some MX Bars. I'd like to see what you guys are running and what you pro/cons are. I'd also like to know what needed be modified if you went to a 1" bar.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have a customer that has 14" T-bars on his RGS. I'll have to snap a few pics for you the next time he stops by. They do look pretty good and are comfy. Only problem is they block seeing the radio easily.

Going to a 1" bar shouldn't really give you any problems since your bars are 1" where the clutch/brake master cylinders, switch packs and grips go and if you're going to a T bar setup it won't matter about the risers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a customer that has 14" T-bars on his RGS. I'll have to snap a few pics for you the next time he stops by. They do look pretty good and are comfy. Only problem is they block seeing the radio easily.

Going to a 1" bar shouldn't really give you any problems since your bars are 1" where the clutch/brake master cylinders, switch packs and grips go and if you're going to a T bar setup it won't matter about the risers.
I have read that the longer clamps on the controls need modified, something about a pin being shaved off. Guess this has to do with standard bars not having a locator hole. I haven't pulled my controls yet, so I am not 100% sure about this.

Would appreciate the pics, also details (size and if cable change was required).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts