Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one: Big RG Road Glide Ultra Kit

Seems reasonably priced and I have heard good things about Hogtunes. Just curious what your thoughts are on the package. Was going to go another route but just don't wanna spend the money I had planned to for m/c audio. Afterall it can only be so good.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Got mine Christmas 2011. Installed simply,has worked flawlessly. Good sound, good volume, would like more bass at speed but is ok in the parking lot.Much,much better than stock! Mrs. Arkieglide can hear the tunes even under her 3/4 helmet with face shield, goin 80mph!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know ark. I'm not looking for ear splitting, face melting, vibrate the ground sound. Having been into the high end car audio scene back in the early 90's I know that is not possible on a bike. Just want better clarity at higher volumes and a bit tighter midbass punch. I also plan to put Dynamat in the fairing to lessen vibration and help tighten the midbass. My original plan was going to run at least double what this set-up costs. But just don't wanna do it because I know the sound quality to money ratio will piss me off. LOL

·
Registered
291 Posts
I was also looking at this kit, gonna Call Frank and see if Hawg Wired has anything like this also. My only concern is that it offers 5x7 speakers which are the same as stock. I'm wanting to go with larger speakers but for the price and the what comes with it, I'm kinda leaning this way also.

The best price I have found so far is Hog Tunes Big RG

I'm thinking that your link is linked to the Big Ultra kit which is for batwing bikes, not the RG kit.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Big RG

Just finish Hogtunes install on my RGU I did it all thou, much louder not a lot of bass. I really only listen rock, country and a bit of rap. For the price they work very good so far. Super easy to install all plug&play videos on YouTube and good instructions. Hogtunes has excellent service and 20 year warranty. The stock one is tiny compared to the 5x7

The list go's like so:

Big RG Kit 160amp front and rear speakers.
REV 7 Woofers 140amp lowers
Tweeter Pod
Boom! Bass Booster Ports (makes her ass shake)

Call Pez at Hogtunes he know his stuff.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I use the big RG kit but I added the 7 in lowers also. The radio powered the rear speakers ad the Amp powered the 5x7 and the lowers. Yes it is pretty loud and I can hear it fine at 80. Never had any issues (except the cloth fading on the cover). For the price, can't go wrong and you can add to it later

Im adding their 70.2 amp and the bass ports this winter to compete the entire set up

·
Registered
348 Posts
Big RG

The 5x7's are larger than the stock speakers. I have the Big RG kit 160amp running the fairing speakers, tweeter pod, and rear speakers. Then the REV7 140amp running the 7" lowers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was also looking at this kit, gonna Call Frank and see if Hawg Wired has anything like this also. My only concern is that it offers 5x7 speakers which are the same as stock. I'm wanting to go with larger speakers but for the price and the what comes with it, I'm kinda leaning this way also.

The best price I have found so far is Hog Tunes Big RG

I'm thinking that your link is linked to the Big Ultra kit which is for batwing bikes, not the RG kit.

The link is to the Big Ultra kit in general on the Hogtunes page. If you go to the Big RG Ultra kit and click more info that is the page it takes you to.

And $419.95 at Eastern Performance with free shipping.

Hogtunes FLTR Road Glide Big Ultra Speaker Or Amp Updrade Kit

Thinking this is the route I am gonna go. If nothing else at least the amp and the rears and maybe do something different for the front. Still have a almost brand new set of Biketronics Titan II's that I may use. Only problem is I have to buy the RG adapter ring which costs another $50.

·
Registered
931 Posts
that's definitely the route to go, very happy with mine, plus I have the 7" subs in my lowers. Great system if youre looking for a basic upgrade.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Question about buying hogtunes from another vendor other than directly from hogtunes themselves. The warranty implies only valid to the original customer, so are they still covered ? Technically we would not be the original purchaser. Just curious

·
Registered
348 Posts
Question about buying hogtunes from another vendor other than directly from hogtunes themselves. The warranty implies only valid to the original customer, so are they still covered ? Technically we would not be the original purchaser. Just curious
From another vendor I think your Ok. As long as it's new in the package.
Hogtunes won't cover it if you got it second hand from Fleabay.
Look on the web for the best price and the call Hogtunes they should match or beat any price you find.
That way you get it right from them no B.S. going through some dealer. Hogtunes is super easy to deal with very good customer service and tech support. Friendly Canadians eh!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drag Specialties is the sole US distributor for Hogtunes. Warranty claims are done through the retailer unless they give you a hard time. So just make sure you buy from a reputable DS dealer like Eastern Performance, DCP, M&M, or Phat Performance. There are others but those are the ones that come to mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts