Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my 10" Monkey bars and love them but the one thing that is driving me nuts is the end play on the throttle grip. I know how to adjust it but I have the brake bracket inboard as far as it will go and still have .06-.07 end play on my throttle grip. Called baggernation and was told they all are like that? Wasn't really buying it..all it would take is relieve the end of the bars .050" where the brake bracket butts up against it. My question anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine had the same type of slop you are describing. I never had any issues other than my OCD going crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
i am actively installing the same bars on my bike, ill subscribe and post if i have the same play. did you do the install yourself? after reading all the talk on the forums about the difficulty of installing bars, i gotta say it was easier than i was expecting. no issues running the wires at all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The install was pretty much straight forward...no real issues that I can think of other then the heated grips, but that was just me have my head up my ass at the time. Pulling the wires are always a little interesting but still not bad. About 2-3 hrs total I would guess.
I wend ahead today and pulled the bars off. I am taking them into our toolroom at work and have them take .06" off the part that is stopping the brake bracket..should have back on Monday evening.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
My factory bars did it. It was worse when I changed grips. I'm blaming the grips. Not the bars. I have the Factory 47's.

·
Registered
437 Posts
12 inch Monkey Bars here. Right grip slides in and out (towards and from the center of the bike) just enough to notice. But I've had this happen with other bars on other bikes as well.

My theory: The bars on bikes are usually turned to the same side as the kickstand when parked, so right grip takes the weight of the bike each time we straighten the bars to ride. More weight/ use = gets loose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts