·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Bars on ebay

They look cool. They look similar to Roland Sands bars, but a lot less money. I think his ran about $279.95 online. Sweet looking bars. I had considered the Roland Sands bars, but I don't think there was enough pull back for me, only 4in.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I had Road6customs make me a custom set of bars for a bobber a few years back. I ended up getting jerked around by him for over a month, and finally had to threaten him to get what I had paid for a month earlier. He kept telling me he would make it right and call me to explain. No call, and nothing on his part to make it right except more empty promises. I've read some good reviews as well, but with my experience I wasn't happy. It could of been because it was a set of custom bars, and not standard ones like he is selling on that auction. Either way, he should of been up front about it, and told me he was going to take 5 weeks, when the only thing I heard from him was "I'll get them out in the next 2-3 days" when he took my money. His loss though, because he screwed around he didn't get free advertising when the bike made it into The Horse Backstreet Choppers.

I did shoot him another email when I was researching on who I wanted to build a set for my road glide. His price was $180 to my specs if I remember right. I didn't think that those would be tall enough for me.
I will give him credit, he does do a good job and the bars are quality. Just not a real honest guy and things seem to slip his mind a lot.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Road 6 Customs have had these style bars for sale for quite awhile.
Notice how they didn't bother to run the wires internally for the picture.
Notice they only have pictures of one bike.
Notice not a lot of people run these bars.

I notice things. I ended up running PYO OEM Moneky bars.
Just more examples out there to see what you're getting!

lp

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Notice they only have pictures of one bike.

hehe,.. that bike is the owner of Road 6 and creator of the bars. So now that you brought it up,... There are no pictures out there of those bars on a customers bike.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have these bars for my 2010 denim. Have not had a chance to install them because an Ebay store sent me the wrong PM grips. Will post some pics when on. Road6customs did take a while for delivery, but made up for it by upping my shipping to overnight air....

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
CustomGlide, have you gotten these bars installed yet? Give me the low down on them and post up some pics if you don't mind. Thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hey leather neck you got any better shots of those bars. I am looking at these also. Like to see some better pics if you got any?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Leatherneck thos bars are bad ass, did you run the wires internal, if so was it a pain with those sharp angles?

·
Registered
108 Posts
All stock lines and cables, ran wires on outside, followed clutch cable on left and brake line on right. IF I had went with Braided stainless I would have tried internal but since its all black I just used a few zip ties and it all went together pretty well. Not able to lift the bars up as much as I want though, because the pullback is not quite enough....Other than that Im pretty happy with em.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Leatherneck. looks like you have a lot of slack left in the wires and cable. Wonder if I could get by with the 12 inch version he has for sale. Got any advice?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Digga its a Klock works.

Sporty, are you putting bars on ur sporty or a Road Glide? The rise on my bars are only 9 inches, I might could get the wires on the left to stretch a few more inches, no way on the right OR especially no go on the fly by wire on throttle.

So, I dont think 12's would work with stock wires, cables...IMHO!:D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Leatherneck, I am putting them on my Road Shark. I have a 07 model. Guess I will just have to say f*(& it and get what I am looking for and if I have to extend stuff, guess that is what I will have to do.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hell yea Sportyguy!!! I wanna see pictures of those 12s installed! I am sure they will be sexy!! (I DO like the look of those bars but don't want to pay Sands a bucket of money to get that killer look!) ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts