Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw their ad and decided to give it a "click" since I'm always looking for a wallet that works better that the standard leather one. I like that all their design efforts went into making it as small as possible, but I have serious reservations about how comfortable it would be ... with the primary material being metal. Anyone had one long enough to get a good feel as to whether it's "more" or "less" comfortable than the conventional wallet?

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Saw their ad and decided to give it a "click" since I'm always looking for a wallet that works better that the standard leather one. I like that all their design efforts went into making it as small as possible, but I have serious reservations about how comfortable it would be ... with the primary material being metal. Anyone had one long enough to get a good feel as to whether it's "more" or "less" comfortable than the conventional wallet?
Nope.... I carry this

Over (5) years old and still looks new

https://www.trayvax.com/products/element

·
Registered
323 Posts
I haven't tried their wallet, but I ordered an iPhone case from them. It didn't fit, and they gave me one hell of a hard time taking it back. They wanted a restocking fee!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have one. Smaller then a regular wallet but it is too hard for me. Tried both front and back pockets. I keep it for extra cards, HOG, Insurance, JP cycles, ext...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
My friend was just showing me his Ridge wallet the other day. He likes it. I carry too much shit in my wallet to have one of those.

Reactions: eddienelson

·
Registered
997 Posts
I did away with my wallet 2 years ago. I did away with cash, receipts, etc... and use the scooch wingmate to carry my DL, credit card, and insurance card. I love the simplicity. I try to use ApplePay as much as possible.

·
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have to ask the wife as I have not seen a wallet in Years LOL
I suspect it isn't as 'thick' as it was a year ago, but you'll be alright.

Reactions: Bevis

·
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks mfgator and BG. You've confirmed my suspicions, I'll keep looking.

·
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Reactions: madmat and immo2896

·
Registered
130 Posts
I about spit my Makers on the keyboard after the BMF...

I went through a bout where I lost my wallet 2 times in 2 months. Bad meds.. whatever. My wife made me get the chain. I did. didn't like it. Then i found a cool retractable combo, lasted me 3 years.

I mentioned something with my back jacking up and the wallet. She got me this 3 years ago.

https://www.rogue-industries.com/products/classic-rogue-wallet-with-walletguard?variant=7973325633&currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o1&scid=scplpshopify_US_109756652_7973325633&sc_intid=shopify_US_109756652_7973325633&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8fb6-siX4wIVBhgMCh1vAwcPEAQYASABEgIHpvD_BwE

Damn.. that's a big ass link.. front pocket, unobtrusive, haven't had an issue, works good with pocket knife.
I get comments about it at the icecream stands.

ride safe..

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Looks like goat hide ....
Good eye sir.
:wink::wink:
You know Eddienelson keeps goats in his back yard . For what, I have no idea. :wink:
A. They are an excellent source of protein. B.The hide is very durable for leather goods. C. They make Great companions. wink wink...

·
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I about spit my Makers on the keyboard after the BMF...

I went through a bout where I lost my wallet 2 times in 2 months. Bad meds.. whatever. My wife made me get the chain. I did. didn't like it. Then i found a cool retractable combo, lasted me 3 years.

I mentioned something with my back jacking up and the wallet. She got me this 3 years ago.

https://www.rogue-industries.com/products/classic-rogue-wallet-with-walletguard?variant=7973325633&currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o1&scid=scplpshopify_US_109756652_7973325633&sc_intid=shopify_US_109756652_7973325633&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8fb6-siX4wIVBhgMCh1vAwcPEAQYASABEgIHpvD_BwE

Damn.. that's a big ass link.. front pocket, unobtrusive, haven't had an issue, works good with pocket knife.
I get comments about it at the icecream stands.

ride safe..

I've seen that advertised a time or two. It's a small company that's located in southern Maine. I'll take another look at it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have had one for the better part of 2 1/2 years. Riding with a wallet in my back pocket was making my sciatic nerve act up. I personally like it but it did force me to downsize what I carried which probably was a good thing. The clip on the original broke after a year and a half. I email them and the sent me an entire new piece on there dime. Customer service in my experience was excellent.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have had one for 2 years If you want “minimalistic” it’s great
If you have a magnetic card key to get into work, not so much

I don’t make enough to carry a lot of cash so it works for me

·
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
.... I don't make enough to carry a lot of cash so it works for me

Hold on Mark, let me get my violin ......

Shit, if I had your money, I'd throw mine away!

Reactions: RGKen and Mischief

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have one of these: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Big-Skinny-Hipster-Bi-Fold-Wallet/dp/B006LQUAIO/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=big+skinny+hipster&qid=1562251640&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-3[/ame]

The "Big Skinny" wallets are generally pretty thin and mine has proven to be quite durable, despite the fact it's made of woven material.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts