Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I'm going to bite the bullet and trade my 13 in on a 16. I love my BT setup now, so initial thought was to stick with BT and just run their 6.5 since the 7.1 won't fit. Then out of nowhere the new Hertz Mille MPX 165.3 Pros are getting some kick butt reviews in a batwing fairing, and of course the Arc Audio 602s have been a favorite for many guys for awhile too.

That being said, the 15/16 RG pods are a different animal compared to an open pre-15 RG fairing or a new batwing fairing with pods removed.

Anyone give either of these speakers a shot yet in the pods - if so, your thoughts and what are you comparing them to?????

·
Registered
408 Posts
Should have my 602's next week.

I'm under the impression that they need an adapter ring or they'll hit the rib inside the speaker pod.

I'll find to for sure once they get here Tuesday or Wednesday.

BTW I'm running Kappas pushed by a CW B2 right now so I'll let you know the sound difference there too.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking forward to hearing how they work for you, thanks Bunker. I'm familiar with the kappa/B2 setup so that will be a good reference point. Are you keeping the B2 or changing amps too? I know it's a crapshoot for the adapters, I'm thinking they will need them - from what I've seen in other posts the speakers with bigger magnets need them, those with smaller ones do not.

·
Registered
408 Posts
yeah upgrading amps too, going with a Rockford Fosgate TM400X4ad. Going to add lowers or a quad fairing setup, just not sure which yet ;)

I plan on testing the 602's with the B2 first (will just be in the garage but will get a point a reference)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
yeah upgrading amps too, going with a Rockford Fosgate TM400X4ad. Going to add lowers or a quad fairing setup, just not sure which yet ;)

I plan on testing the 602's with the B2 first (will just be in the garage but will get a point a reference)
Looking forward to your test. On the other forum, the Milles are getting rave reviews. I just installed the B2 with the Kappas. So much better then factory. Already want more!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Looking forward to your test. On the other forum, the Milles are getting rave reviews. I just installed the B2 with the Kappas. So much better then factory. Already want more!
lol I did the same thing, had the B2 and Kappas for 2 days and ordered upgrades! Not that the B2 and Kappas are bad, I think their awesome I just want more... I'm like a crack fiend!

Mille's are hot on the other forum as well as the bagger facebook group, the new hot ticket it seems. I'm sticking with the Moto's though, I hear they have better bass and that's what I'm looking for atm.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had BT 7.1 with a fosgate 300x2 I'm my 13 SG and it sounded good. Last month I installed the BT amp and 6.5 in my rgs and it's way better than the previous set up. Plenty of bass and the lifetime warranty. I did seal my pods sealer but did not use polyfill.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had BT 7.1 with a fosgate 300x2 I'm my 13 SG and it sounded good. Last month I installed the BT amp and 6.5 in my rgs and it's way better than the previous set up. Plenty of bass and the lifetime warranty. I did seal my pods sealer but did not use polyfill.
Good to know MisterD. The 300x2 is good little amp, just not enough juice to push the 7.1 to their potential. Too bad the 7.1 don't fit in the new RGS.

Just curious if your are using the BT line leveler, magic box, or playing around with the flash.

·
Registered
408 Posts
on the other forums Bill from biketronics did mention that they might make an adapter to fit 7.1's in out RG's in the future but they sounded really good with the 6.5's that it wasn't a priority. Maybe these pods are a blessing after all.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I used the BT line leveler. Btw, the entire system was plug and play. I didn't cut or spice any wires. Mention you are a forum member for the BT discount.

I almost went with the moto 602, but when the demand increase the price jumped 100 bucks. I also talked to a fella that installed them on his 15rgs. Fitment is tight, he had to remove the rubber tire thing.

Bill at BT told me I could send the BT speakers back if I wasnt happy with them. At the end of the day, the set up is perfect for me. I love the music loud, it's clear at 80 mph and momma can hear it. Sometimes I can't even hear my d&d exhaust.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also talked to a fella that installed them on his 15rgs. Fitment is tight, he had to remove the rubber tire thing.

Bill at BT told me I could send the BT speakers back if I wasnt happy with them. At the end of the day, the set up is perfect for me. I love the music loud, it's clear at 80 mph and momma can hear it. Sometimes I can't even hear my d&d exhaust.
Good to know, I hadn't heard anything about a rubber ring. Maybe removing it isn't a big deal, but I don't like the idea of altering stuff, especially if you have a problem and have to send it back. Hopefully Bunker can fill us in when he gets his.

You can't beat the customer service at BT. No pressure at all and super easy to work with.

I'm looking at going with the 120ST motor, so loud tunes is good for me too. Hadn't decided yet whether D&D boarzilla or stick with Dragos, but leaning towards Drago. I have the original Drago now and it's actually pretty mellow at cruising speeds. My better half has the D&D louvered baffle on her fatboy, both systems have a great bark when you get on them, but the D&D is absolutely louder at cruising speed. When you factor in the 120 with the full boarzilla setup that thing will be loud as hell I would think.

Which baffle do you have on your D&D?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol I did the same thing, had the B2 and Kappas for 2 days and ordered upgrades!
Yes sir Bunker, you have officially caught the bug, 2 days has got to be a record.

Check out MisterD post his buddy and the rubber ring on the 602s, will be good to know what that's all about. Maybe I missed it in an earlier post, which adapter are you going to use?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yes sir Bunker, you have officially caught the bug, 2 days has got to be a record.

Check out MisterD post his buddy and the rubber ring on the 602s, will be good to know what that's all about. Maybe I missed it in an earlier post, which adapter are you going to use?

Bill from Biketronics had posted that the Millie's wouldn't fit without an adapter because the bucket hit a rib inside the speaker pod. Tilting them toward the rider provided the clearance.

I'm going to check once I get the 602's in and see if tilting them makes a difference, if so I'll see if i can order some of his spacers.

Worst case, I'll check a local fab shop and see if they can't mill down some adapters of fab up some new ones.

With everyday, I'm second guessing my decision. I'm thinking I should have gone with the BT setup and be done with it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With everyday, I'm second guessing my decision. I'm thinking I should have gone with the BT setup and be done with it.
If you change your mind you won't have any problems unloading the ARCs or could always hold on to them for lowers or TP pods in the future.

BT is having a new year's sale, going to call them tomorrow to see what the 6.5s are going for, if it's significant savings that may make the decision easy. They were cheap as hell right before Christmas when I didn't have all these ideas in my head, don't quote me but I think $100 off for a day or two.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Should have my 602's next week.

I'm under the impression that they need an adapter ring or they'll hit the rib inside the speaker pod.

I'll find to for sure once they get here Tuesday or Wednesday.

BTW I'm running Kappas pushed by a CW B2 right now so I'll let you know the sound difference there too.
I just tried to put my Moto 602s in my 2016RGS will not fit pods without adapters. Who makes an adapter that will work? On positive note Arc Audios amp bracket for their KS125.2 mini works awesome for mounting amp under HU. Also their 2015+ cables make it plug and play.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I just tried to put my Moto 602s in my 2016RGS will not fit pods without adapters. Who makes an adapter that will work? On positive note Arc Audios amp bracket for their KS125.2 mini works awesome for mounting amp under HU. Also their 2015+ cables make it plug and play.
Biketronics has a set with their kit, not sure if they'll work or not. Can you tilt the 602's towards center and they fit? The Biketronics spacers are angled. Bill said he got the Millie's to fit with them, I'm assuming the Moto's will (or hoping they will!)

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am going to call Biketronics tomorrow. I didnt take rubber off of magnet. But it looked like it needed about 1/2" all around. Then I don't know if it will effect grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you change your mind you won't have any problems unloading the ARCs or could always hold on to them for lowers or TP pods in the future.

BT is having a new year's sale, going to call them tomorrow to see what the 6.5s are going for, if it's significant savings that may make the decision easy. They were cheap as hell right before Christmas when I didn't have all these ideas in my head, don't quote me but I think $100 off for a day or two.
Biketronics has a 15% sale right now, not on the kit though just separates. You can get a 10% forum discount though on the kit

1 - 20 of 42 Posts