Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my custom seat from C&C today. The seat is great, this is my third C&C seat on various bikes and is not a reflection on them or their quality. What I’m not super happy about is how it looks with my new Jim Nasi / Kuryakn smooth dash. It just doesn’t look right to my eye.
I’m thinking about trying to trade for a stock black RG dash.

I have a chrome low pro gas cap arriving tomorrow, but that doesn’t obviously fix the seat to dash interface. I’ll re post in the classified if needed.
Just kind of wondering on thoughts out there. Am I making too big a deal out of this?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
What happened to the original dash? Obviously I guess you no longer have it or the bike came with a Nasi dash when you bought it.

If the seat / console look is bugging you I’m sure you can find the stock console in Vivid Black easy enough.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and a pic might help sort out some opinions : )

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

What happened to the original dash? Obviously I guess you no longer have it or the bike came with a Nasi dash when you bought it.

If the seat / console look is bugging you I’m sure you can find the stock console in Vivid Black easy enough.
I sold it. It’s a brand new bike, 1 mile on it. I sold it because I was pretty sold on the Nasi dash until I saw it in person with my new seat. I’d be happy with a stock HD black dash, which is something I thought may happen all along.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I suppose the roundy lines of the dash can not match the straight lines of the seat diamonds. Don't think it would bother me too much. This is definitely one of those "in the eye of the beholder" things. If you're not good with it I'm sure you'd like to swap since you'll think of it every time you sit down. Hope you get something you like!

·
Administrator
12,586 Posts
Looks fine to me, just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
View attachment 424205

I sold it. It’s a brand new bike, 1 mile on it. I sold it because I was pretty sold on the Nasi dash until I saw it in person with my new seat. I’d be happy with a stock HD black dash, which is something I thought may happen all along.
I’d wait until you switch caps before you decide. That might help the lines of the console blend in to the tank. That stock cap just looks out of place and doesn’t help with the overall look of it. I know your concern is at the meeting of the console and seat, but having the right cap may help with that too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gents, I think you’re all right. I just was a little underwhelmed when I slapped my $500+ seat on today. I kind of had a feeling after I had bought it all that the narrowness of the Nasi dash compared to the more squared off lines of the C&C seat might bug me. It’s solid blizzard here in wisconsin boys, nothing else to do but buy parts!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
i really don't know what you could different that would be any better. if the dash flared out to be as wide as the nose on the seat, it would look funny. if the seat narrowed enough to be the same width as the dash, it would look funny. you're either gonna have to get over the looks, or go back to the stock dash.

i bet if you go back stock, you would have no shortage of folks who would be willing to trade.

but, i do have to warn you, if you do go back stock, you may find that you don't like that transition either. i know it was a look i had to get used to with my c&c seat. my old harley seat had a rounded nose, while this one is pretty square. it isn't as bad with the stock dash as with the nasi, but, it is still a different look.

but on the good side, you'll love that seat after you get to try it out for a bit! i know the wife and i like both of ours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not going back to stock on the seat, no way. Might go back to stock on the dash, but black (mine was chrome) on the dash to sort of ‘bridge the gap’.
I suppose I should just drink a few more beers and keep looking at it, maybe I’ll get a different perspective!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
no, i didn't mean stock on the seat. stock dash. edited my post to clarify.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh man. Just seeing yours.... the stock dash looks so much better. I wonder if it’s just a minor difference in person though. Ugh

·
Registered
690 Posts
I think it's just the shock factor of the different seat and the fact we've been couped up too long. Looks good to me, the console falls into the center seat diamond. I'm planning on getting the same console for mine, really streamlines the bike look. I feel your pain, waiting for the snow to melt here in NW Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
340 Posts
Got my custom seat from C&C today. The seat is great, this is my third C&C seat on various bikes and is not a reflection on them or their quality. What I’m not super happy about is how it looks with my new Jim Nasi / Kuryakn smooth dash. It just doesn’t look right to my eye.
I’m thinking about trying to trade for a stock black RG dash.

I have a chrome low pro gas cap arriving tomorrow, but that doesn’t obviously fix the seat to dash interface. I’ll re post in the classified if needed.
Just kind of wondering on thoughts out there. Am I making too big a deal out of this?
I see your concern go to the community search type in Nasi Dash you’ll see guys running this dash and I think it looks bad ass.All this custom work is rarely bolt on and go.Maybe call Alligator Bob and send him the picture of your seat.Hell have a custom one off solution.The guys work is amazing winter and bikes getting ready for Daytona might be a wait. Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah that definitely could be it. Cooped up all winter with a brand new bike and I can’t stop messing with it and changing little things. I’m saving the big stuff for next year when dynojet makes a programmer to fit the new ECU data port.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It looks ok to me, just different. I say keep it.

Reactions: freezeland

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
View attachment 424205

Here is my Nasi with a LePera Maverick seat. This seat is narrower at the tank.

9DFB08C5-52A7-4109-AD18-259C83120FE8.jpeg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ebay says these are ABS plastic?! Is that right?

edit: Yeah nevermind found the actual website, the original Jim Nasi's are aluminium while the cheap chinese knock off are ABS.....Explains the difference between the $29 on ebay vs Jim's at $199. Smh.....one of those awful ebay deals LOL

Reactions: freezeland

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think the O.P.’s seat / console look fine together. The issue isn’t the console. The seat just has a broader nose to it. Still, the look is certainly good and something I would adjust to easily. Maybe part of it is that I never really liked the o.e. Harley consoles with the big manhole domes. The lower profile and sculpted consoles are so much more sleek and refined. No wonder H-D has been using a ‘slammed’ console on some of its bikes for ‘21.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts