Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting an overlay and stretched bags on my 05 and was wondering if the bottom rear part of the overlay should be attached somehow to the rear fender or is it ok with no support? Thanks

·
Registered
809 Posts
I am putting an overlay and stretched bags on my 05 and was wondering if the bottom rear part of the overlay should be attached somehow to the rear fender or is it ok with no support? Thanks
You will want to support the bottom. At a minium to keep it from wiggling so bad. Whose overlay are you using?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying a fiberglass Ebay special. So far, the fitment looks nice. A little tweaking here and there but looks good to me, even the bags look quality made for the price!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I am trying a fiberglass Ebay special. So far, the fitment looks nice. A little tweaking here and there but looks good to me, even the bags look quality made for the price!
Mat and resin a piece of alum. across the bottom and make some brackets to mount it to one of the bolts by your mufflers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! That's what I had come up with, making a bracket that will use the back of the curved license plate bolt holes going to either the rear fender bolts on both sides or the single bolt in the middle of the fender that holds that bracket on. I got it pictured in my head, now I need to make it a reality. Thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thanks guys! That's what I had come up with, making a bracket that will use the back of the curved license plate bolt holes going to either the rear fender bolts on both sides or the single bolt in the middle of the fender that holds that bracket on. I got it pictured in my head, now I need to make it a reality. Thanks
That's exactly what I did on my last bike with an overlay. Fabbed a metal plate between 2 of the license plate bolts in the overlay and the single bolt on the stock fender brace. No cracks after 30K miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts