Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these BK Rider 41mm monotube cartridge kits. They look just like the progressive set up. I can't find anyone that has commented on them. Maybe they are just that new. They are $50+ cheaper than the progressive ones. I might just have to be the guinea pig?? About $190 shipped from their website.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I never heard of them, let us know if you try them, and if so how they perform.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I wish you luck with them. But for me the extra 50 or so dollars was worth the monotubes. They are one of my favorite modifications done. Not knocking the BKriders at all. But for 50 bucks I would go with proven product. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
review of BK rider Monotubes

Well, I've had the BK Rider Monotubes in for a few months.
I'd have to say I love them. They are much cheaper than Progressive. They don't come with directions, but they are identical to the Progressive. I'm assuming they are made by the same people.
I will say this, I didn't know the set I got were lowered. I rode the bike for weeks before I noticed the front was about 1 1/2" lower. The ride is MUCH better. I do scrape my floorboards during aggressive turns. For $190 shipped, I would recommend these all day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mffi, Glad to hear these are working out for you. I was looking at getting the progressive monotubes and it appears from my research that progressive isn't making them anymore. I know your post stated that you are lowered about
1" to 1 1/2". I was looking at the progressive 31-2501 which actually is the lowering version.

Do you by chance know if the BK Rider Monotubes that you are using are advertised as the "Cartridge kit 41mm Fork for 97-13 Harley FLH FLT Touring"? If so I think I'm going to get me a set. Look forward to hearing from you.

Ride safe.

Ken

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
Mffi, Glad to hear these are working out for you. I was looking at getting the progressive monotubes and it appears from my research that progressive isn't making them anymore. I know your post stated that you are lowered about
1" to 1 1/2". I was looking at the progressive 31-2501 which actually is the lowering version.

Do you by chance know if the BK Rider Monotubes that you are using are advertised as the "Cartridge kit 41mm Fork for 97-13 Harley FLH FLT Touring"? If so I think I'm going to get me a set. Look forward to hearing from you.

Ride safe.

Ken
http://www.progressivesuspension.com/product/1505/monotube-cartridge-kit-for-hd-sportster-softail-thru-2013-touring

How do you figure Progressive ain't making Mono tubes no more ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts