Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has the tallboy bars from MOCO. If so, how do you like them? Any pics would be welcome too. I'm particularly curious about how you like the wrist position compared to Apes. It seems like the tallboy bars are turned more, most apes are straighter. I'm not that tall 5'11" with a long body, but the stock bar seem way to low. I'm debating between 12 or 14 apes. Had 14" Monkey Bars on my last bike, a batwing Ultra Limited with a Corbin dual seat. Seating position seems different here. Not sure if I want to go that high...

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
In the words of Jimi Hendrix.............Hey Joe

I run the 12 inch tallboys on my sled and love them - I am 5'11 with a 32 inch inseam and run the CVO Seat so it sits me lower and back a bit - My arms are just a TAD under my shoulders and the pull back is spot on for me - My arms are not locked straight but with just a slight elbow bend to where it is very comfortable

Check out my Garage for pics as well as the thread I started about being conflicted - On the 2nd page of said thread in my response is the most up to date pic

I love the bars and have zero regrets or bad things to say about them

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has the tallboy bars from MOCO. If so, how do you like them? Any pics would be welcome too. I'm particularly curious about how you like the wrist position compared to Apes. It seems like the tallboy bars are turned more, most apes are straighter. I'm not that tall 5'11" with a long body, but the stock bar seem way to low. I'm debating between 12 or 14 apes. Had 14" Monkey Bars on my last bike, a batwing Ultra Limited with a Corbin dual seat. Seating position seems different here. Not sure if I want to go that high...
At 5'11" I'd suggest that you go 14" if you can. My 2012 has 14" F47 bars and my 2016 has the HD Tallboy 12" bars. The good with the HD Tallboy bars is that your stock cables fit, however they still seem a touch short for me. You and I are similar in height. They are very nice bars and much improved over stock. Total cost was under $300 so it's fairly cheap to try them out and if you don't like them you can sell them off easily.

FWIW My 2012 had 12" Wild1 bars prior to the 14" F47 bars. It was a good change.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. Still up in the air between apes or tall boys. I like those Factory 47's but not crazy about the price. I almost decided on 12" but am now contemplating 14" again.

·
Registered
303 Posts

I have them. No new cables needed. I changed the seat first, C&C wide solo, moved back about 1 1/2 and down 1. I'm 6'1.

·
Registered
210 Posts
When I bought my RGU they had one on the floor with the tall boy bars and they felt good almost had them throw a set on mine. A few months later I was in the the dealership and there was a bike with the "fat apes" and they were just about perfect fit height wise but I just wasn't sure about the grip angle. I'm 5'10"

·
Registered
63 Posts
These are Factory 47's 14" Signature bars (formerly MALO bars). I'm 6'1", 34" inseam. I probably could have put 16"ers on but am very happy with these. You can see my arms are still a couple inches below my shoulders. I didn't go with the Tallboys because they felt too narrow. The Factory 47's are several inches (5 or 6 I think) wider and I feel more in control that way. Honestly can't believe I waited all these years to try em, now I can't imagine riding without them.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Tall Boy Bars

I am having the TAll Boy bars installed this week. I will post pictures when I get the bike back. The Yaffe bars just dont have enough pull back for me. Will have a set of 12 inch chrome Yafee bars for sale soon. Bars only have 300 miles on them.

·
Registered
836 Posts
hmm. these tallboys look great.

I'm going to Montana in August next year, do you get a lot of wind in your hands now that these bars are taller than stock. Don't want my hands out in the open, prefer they stay in the pocket the fairing and windshield generates.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don’t, think any more than stock, I just put a set on about six weeks ago and I absolutely love them. A few years ago, I started developing numbness in my right thumb and two of my fingers after about 20-30 minutes of riding, and I would have to constantly shake my hand to get it to go away. I tried a few different ape style bars on my previous Street Glide and current Road Glide trying to alleviate it and these bars completely solved the problem for me. My only gripe is they aren’t available in gloss black to match the new RGS, so I bought the matt ones and had them powder coated.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Initial impressions: Definitely changes the look and feel of the bike, for the better. Still easy to lean in turns; shoulders and back feel great.

Edit: have now placed bars inline with forks.

I used wiring extensions(the wire end barley sticks out of the bar without them) stock hydraulic lines.

The measure about 3 1/2 rise over stock with same pullback but less extreme wrist angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I put Tallboy bars on my '15 RGS this spring and love them. They have the same profile and shape as the stock bars, just taller. I'm a big guy and was in the minority with being comfortable with the stock bars. However, when I got a seat that pushed me back, I was reaching for the bars and it was causing pinching in my upper back/between shoulder blades. I found the Tallboys and am back to feeling good again.

I don't really feel like I get anymore wind than before with these either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm about five nine with a 29 inseam do you think these work good on my 2019 road glide special I would not get them powder coated black until one season if I like them and can I put my heated grips on with these

1 - 20 of 42 Posts