Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, where is the mating connector on the bike?

I thought it would be a no-brainer to connect it up...

Finally got the cable set (it was on b/o). Had the dealer load a map when I did the stage 1, and now that I have the cables I wanted to look at the data.

Installed the software on my laptop. Read the manual. Watched the DVD. The manual just says to connect it to your scooter, doesn't say where the connector is located.

I looked in the service manual and the owner's manual. Couldn't find the diagnostic link connector or any reference to it.

Looked under the left cover, under the right cover, under the seat... no luck.

Will have to visit the dealer tomorrow and ask them.

Oh, and when I took off the backrest, a couple of springs fell out.

I need a beer right about now...

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sometimes the perspective gained by a new day is all one needs.
The mating male connector is indeed under the left cover. However, it only has 3 pins to mate with a 4 hole female...

Anyway, had a look at my current tune. Now it's time for some studying to learn about what I'm looking at.

But, time to ride...

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have the SE Super tuner and software and my buddy has to re-flash his bike due to changing pipes and air cleaner. We both have 2010's. Can the SE Tuner do that for him? The dealer are quoting him $300 for a re-flash.

·
878 Posts
I have the SE Super tuner and software and my buddy has to re-flash his bike due to changing pipes and air cleaner. We both have 2010's. Can the SE Tuner do that for him? The dealer are quoting him $300 for a re-flash.
If you are asking can your super tuner flash his bike, the answer is no. Your tuner is married to your ecm for life. If he buys a tuner, though he can use your cable and software...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ahh didn't know that...well for the price of the tuner he might be better going in that direction. At least he ends up with something. The dealer aren't flashing him for free.Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
se tuner

thanks for the leg work AB. just took it out for a spin and it pops on decel so I will have to do something. Either pay for a tuner or pay for a flash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts