Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Runs great for me. Besides the slight decel pops that I got with a canned map from Vance and Hines with my MGS true dual setup. I auto tuned it, and after that the the decel pop went away.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Inforit I have the same setup with mgs true duals and VH FP3. which canned map are you using? vance/hines dresser duals with high flow air intake?

I experience the light decal pop but have not done autotune yet. How long did you autotune? a full tank? a specific amount of time?

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Inforit I have the same setup with mgs true duals and VH FP3. which canned map are you using? vance/hines dresser duals with high flow air intake?

I experience the light decal pop but have not done autotune yet. How long did you autotune? a full tank? a specific amount of time?

Thanks for any info!
Yes, and I also tried the one with Q insert, I think its called, and made the decel pop less. I tuned the bike for about 2 tanks of gas. Constantly updating it. The first update was around 50 miles and the decel went away completely for me. I think I should of stopped then. Because after doing about 5 updates to the auto tune in those 2 tank fill ups made the torque less aggressive in first 3 gears. I am going to reset the map and start fresh and make a quick ride about 50 miles or so to just get ride of the decel popping and be done with it. Because that map otherwise works very well for my setup. Let me know what your results are and what you did.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Installed the FP3 on my 2015 RGS last week. Got snow the next day so can't give you any ride feed back yet. Install was flawless and the tune ability appears to be endless with access to VE tables, timing, idle, throttle progressivity, spark advance, etc. I have used PCV & SERT in the past. I will be comparing input tables with my SERT to the FP3 and experimenting with those maps for the 2015s just for shits & giggles. From what I've been reading....the base FP3 maps w/ auto tune work great.

Best of luck.

H

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed the V&H FP3 on my 2015 FLTRXS, D&D 2 into 1 exhaust, quiet baffle (competition), SE Ventilator Elite Air Cleaner (29400217). Runs perfect! No auto-tune required.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Love he FP3 so far, I been playing with the maps a bit. Love the way you can adjust the throttle input to aggressive or mild. And the live data it shows as far as torque and Horsepower, gas mileage and other data. Fun to play with, I've put several different slip ons with different maps. Easy to use. The auto tune feature is pretty cool, and when your done for awhile you can take it off put it away until you decide to put different pipes or cams on...pretty cool !!

·
Registered
13 Posts
After installing the FP3 on my stock 2015 Road Glide CVO, my fuel economy went from 36 mpg average to over 40 mpg for the last 4 refills. I ran the auto tune several times until I knew what I was doing.

The bike runs stronger by the seat of the pants and the throttle response is crisper. When am ready to add stage one or two mods the tuner will be ready.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
That is good to hear. I am always dealing on FP3. Call and tell me you are from roadglide.org for the best deal. These are always in stock ready to ship.

Drew

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I bought my FP3 from Hogpro via his eBay store. Price was fair and delivery was quick. So I highly recommend him as a source. Wish I would have known that he was giving RG.org members a discount though :(

As for the FP3, I installed it as soon as it arrived. Flashed 3 different canned maps based on V&H tech support recommendations. Found one that I liked and left it alone for the time being.

Road the bike for 2 weeks prior to Sturgis and then another 1,000 miles or so at Sturgis.

Bike has ran great the entire time. I could probably squeeze a bit more out of it with a few auto tune sessions but I'm waiting until I get the tweaking bug again.

As others have reported, my fuel mileage actually increased a couple of MPG after the FP3 install and map flash.

Operating temperatures decreased a little bit and I can definitely tell that the bike is running a bit richer than the EPA compliant tables in the OEM map (smell some fuel anyone? :)).

Start up is crisp and usually on the first stroke. Throttle response is good, no lag, no flat spots or hesitations that I can sense.

All in all I think it was a very good investment. Easy to install, seems to work as designed and the smart phone integration appears flawless.

Glad I went this route instead of the other options.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I ordered a FuelPak 3 today from Drew. Should be here early next week... can't wait to try it out. Just got a new scoot ('15 FLTRUSE) that is still running stock exhaust. That will change very soon...

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Haven't received the FP3 yet, but did install the app on my phone, iPod & iPad. Running in demo mode, with my VIN, I see the map available for my setup: Vance & Hines Power Duals, Vance & Hines OS 450 Titans with standard baffle, SE Ventilator intake. Can't wait to see the difference.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
i have been running my FP3 on my 14SGS for over a year now.... love it and played around with it for auto-tune with a few different setups. It works well and easy to use. Biggest thing making it learn by forcing the tune when you run an autotune session. I have a pretty good writeup on the autotune process that helped a lot of SG owners... if you want me to post it... lemme know.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
i have been running my FP3 on my 14SGS for over a year now.... love it and played around with it for auto-tune with a few different setups. It works well and easy to use. Biggest thing making it learn by forcing the tune when you run an autotune session. I have a pretty good writeup on the autotune process that helped a lot of SG owners... if you want me to post it... lemme know.
Yes, I'd like to read it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts