Road Glide banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see if anyone here has any experience with the new Covington's short 2-1 short pipe. I believe they call it "The Destroyer". Curious about sound level? Especially as compared to Yaffe's or Sinister's short pipes. Want enough noise to discourage a pack of bike chasing chihuahuas, but value a more modest sound level at highway speeds. I'd deaf enough, I don't want to exacerbate the problem.

Also, how was fit and finish?

Thanks in advance for whatever you have to share.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's at the top of my list right now along w dragos 2 into 1. I really prefer a side dump because I want to run stretched no cut out bags. My dilemma is I also want to do a 124 motor swap later and not sure how the performance is going to go with the side dump :-/

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's at the top of my list right now along w dragos 2 into 1. I really prefer a side dump because I want to run stretched no cut out bags. My dilemma is I also want to do a 124 motor swap later and not sure how the performance is going to go with the side dump :-/
I got an idea. Why don't you buy them and then write a full review ... it might save me some money! ;)

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Just curious to see if anyone here has any experience with the new Covington's short 2-1 short pipe. I believe they call it "The Destroyer". Curious about sound level? Especially as compared to Yaffe's or Sinister's short pipes. Want enough noise to discourage a pack of bike chasing chihuahuas, but value a more modest sound level at highway speeds. I'd deaf enough, I don't want to exacerbate the problem.

Also, how was fit and finish?

Thanks in advance for whatever you have to share.
Although this is a relatively new product for us, we have had the good fortune of setting a few folks up with this exhaust and each has been very happy not only with the sound but the overall quality. Since they do have a removable baffle, you can essentially make them louder if you wish but from what I understand, it is a pretty loud exhaust even with the baffle intact.

As for fit / finish....there haven't been any complains although all of our sales have been for chrome so I honestly cannot speak to the black ceramic finish...not to mention it is somewhat difficult to tell from the product photos Covington's provides to tell if they are a matte or glossy black ceramic.

Hope this helps!!

Lindsey :0)

fyi....below are some other side-exit 2:1s you might also want to consider.

Misfit Nasty Bastard 2:1 (chrome is currently back ordered, fyi)
http://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/misfit-industries-nasty-bastard-2-into-1-exhaust/

Python Rayzor 2:1
http://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/python-rayzor-2-into-1/

Akrapovic Open Line 2:1 (these sound AWESOME but are somewhat difficult to get due to popularity)
http://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/akrapovic-open-line-2-into-1-exhaust/

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got an idea. Why don't you buy them and then write a full review ... it might save me some money! ;)
After much research and talking with Frank at Dragos, I decided to go with the dragula 2. I really wanted a side dump but I also plan to do a 124 from Frank within the next year. I'm concerned with the performance of a side dump. My custom build I do later on will have a side dump. My main reason for wanting a side dump is looks, tone and I prefer non cut out extended bags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.