Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am looking at getting new bars for my bike as I am having problems with numbness in my hands. I have been looking at the Wild 1's 515's but am now looking at the Khromewerks 12" Fat Apes and want to know how tall of a bar I can go to without having to lengthen my cables.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I think Chainsaw put a set of 15's on his and said that was about the max without changing cables, etc. Its somewhere under this section

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Yeah,. my custom 15" set maxed both the brake line and clutch cable. I rerouted both lines to the back of the triple trees, and had to undo all the stock zipties that were holding them in place to get that length. I did not want to change out any cables so I measured 3 times before I ordered my bars. I've heard that bleeding the ABS brakes can be a real bitch, so I was really wanting to avoid that.
There is a ton of wiring in the fairing, thats not an issue for any bars up to at least 22's.

12" wildones would fit no problem, although you may have to reroute your cables as well since wildones are pretty wide grip to grip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts