Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all!

Well, AHEM... I hope this isn't the ending of my relationship with my 2017-FLTRXS, because I have been diagnosed with tennis elbow and possible carpel tunnel Syndrome (test pending).
SO.. I see the info for Oberon levers which woud be a start, but if there is a way to gain mechanical leverage to lighten the clutch pull, (by about 50%?), it would be a big help.

FYI...I bought the kuryaken trigger levers...FORGET IT! Honestly, they made the pull situation worse, as the index finger area is a bit closer to the bar, but then the lever tapers so far outward I can barely get my last two fingers on it. Add thicker gloves, and I can't get my fingers on it. waste of money for me.

Anyway.. Any and all, if any information, is helpful...or I'm going to be forced to buy a maxi-scooter, change my clothes and act to that of nerdy Mod, and start posting hate mail about Harleys (totaly kidding, obviously) :D 0:)

Thanks!
Feralcat

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I have no first hand knowledge of this product, Burly Brand Easyboy Lite Clutch B17-117.
It does get good reviews and is a lot less expensive then other solutions.
If anyone has one please chime in.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no first hand knowledge of this product, Burly Brand Easyboy Lite Clutch B17-117.
It does get good reviews and is a lot less expensive then other solutions.
If anyone has one please chime in.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.
Just checked their websight...NO-GO for a 2017 M8:(

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had the same with my elbow,going to physical therapy help mine.i continue to do the exercises and it hasn't bothered me for several years.
Don't know if that is an option for you or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had the same with my elbow,going to physical therapy help mine.i continue to do the exercises and it hasn't bothered me for several years.
Don't know if that is an option for you or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:) Working on that now. I'm in the 3'rd week of ,"Let it rest for 6 weeks, and then we'll see.", phase. So, we'll see ;)

Am researching Rekluse clutches!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
i've found the best way to avoid fatigue from shifting is to pick a direction, N-S-E or W and just ride on the expressway (where you don't have to shift) lol

hope you're smiling; hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've found the best way to avoid fatigue from shifting is to pick a direction, N-S-E or W and just ride on the expressway (where you don't have to shift) lol

hope you're smiling; hope it works out for you.
Those are really close to the words I told the Doc when she told me I may have to give up motorcycling because of the clutch.. :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
:) Working on that now. I'm in the 3'rd week of ,"Let it rest for 6 weeks, and then we'll see.", phase. So, we'll see ;)

Am researching Rekluse clutches!
Beware the doctor that immobilizes things. My PT fights to get me in as soon as possible. Immobilization is your enemy in most soft tissue damage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have that PIA carpel tunnel in both hands worse in my right , but I'm going to look into this as well, best bet going to have this fixed though.
:( Well, I'm not so narcissistic that I can't include you and others, as well as me, in my prayers for geting better and to keep riding! It does hurt though..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beware the doctor that immobilizes things. My PT fights to get me in as soon as possible. Immobilization is your enemy in most soft tissue damage.
:)
I'm a terrible patient. I keep taking my wrist brace off to fix things...like wifey keeps....wonking up..lol OH, and polishing up my Harley for when I can get back on again. (really);) In between, I have wrist stretches, Ice/heat/massagung. But, I am really trying to take it easy.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I hear you. I have arthritic thumb joints. I know, weird right? When they act up it is pretty bad. But most of the time they are ok. It was the reason I had to switch from a .45 to a 9. Not leaving the bike, ever. I will die on that thing before I stop riding.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hear you. I have arthritic thumb joints. I know, weird right? When they act up it is pretty bad. But most of the time they are ok. It was the reason I had to switch from a .45 to a 9. Not leaving the bike, ever. I will die on that thing before I stop riding.
I went over 20 years strictly as a motorcyclist. My only 4 wheeled veeehiicklle..was a lawnmower. I bought a car in 2015, but I'm not hat good a driver. ;) I'm kind of...no..AM.. flaked out about the idea of not being a motorcyclist.
OH! 9mm, from .45? Not to change the subject or highjack my own thread, but I have Beretta PX-4's in both. The .45 is not much differnet than a stock M-9 in terms of recoil, and the 9mm is a breeze. The only issue is that because the barrel rotates not quite a 1/4 turn upon ejecting, my shots go to the left about 2 [email protected] yards and a bit low as compared to traditional Browning tilt barrel style systems.. I guess we could talk shooting techniqes and weapons elsewhere though. ;)
I won't say I'll die on my Harely before I stop riding, but I don't want to stop riding before I die! I really love Harely bikes and the people thogh, and don't want to be alienated from you all.
Keep riding & keep shooting....UM straight shooting, and the curves riding! lol! ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I went over 20 years strictly as a motorcyclist. My only 4 wheeled veeehiicklle..was a lawnmower. I bought a car in 2015, but I'm not hat good a driver. ;) I'm kind of...no..AM.. flaked out about the idea of not being a motorcyclist.

OH! 9mm, from .45? Not to change the subject or highjack my own thread, but I have Beretta PX-4's in both. The .45 is not much differnet than a stock M-9 in terms of recoil, and the 9mm is a breeze. The only issue is that because the barrel rotates not quite a 1/4 turn upon ejecting, my shots go to the left about 2 [email protected] yards and a bit low as compared to traditional Browning tilt barrel style systems.. I guess we could talk shooting techniqes and weapons elsewhere though. ;)

I won't say I'll die on my Harely before I stop riding, but I don't want to stop riding before I die! I really love Harely bikes and the people thogh, and don't want to be alienated from you all.

Keep riding & keep shooting....UM straight shooting, and the curves riding! lol! ;)

Went from H&K USP 45 to a Glock 17C. It was almost like going to a .22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Thanks!
Found the Radius-X on Rekluse's website. I'm checking my usual product haunts to see if they carry it. May just be what I need. I can upshift without a clutch...downshifting..need practice. ;)
FeralCat
Rekluse HQ is literally a mile from my house, so there are a ton of bikes around here that have them. With that being said, most are not Harleys, but rather offroad bikes. I've only used one once, and that was on a TW200. My neighbor and I were going scouting for elk and he wanted to take his dirt bikes. Even though I'd never ridden offroad, he set me up on this TW with the Rekluse and lead the way. I was shitting bricks because he was hauling ass and I know idea wtf I was doing! Anyways, the shifting was easy and worked flawlessly. After a few minutes I wasn't thinking about it anymore, so I'm sure you'd get it in no time.

Funny thing about that TW was that he actually left the clutch lever on the bars, even though it wasn't attached to anything! Said he thought it felt weird for it to not be there. So for a lot of that day, I was pulling a clutch lever for absolutely no reason! lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts