Votes: 133 37.3%
  • 16"

Votes: 76 21.3%

• Total voters
181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm gonna say it's about 1.5" lower than stock and back 2".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Do the bars sit higher than your shoulders

·
Registered
262 Posts
Level

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Man I really want 14s but some if the pictures I've seen make the bike look funny cause the bars are so tall and our is so wide open

·
Registered
24 Posts
2015 RGS 13" Holy Roller - Road 6 Customs

5'10 with 13" Road 6 Customs 13" Holy Rollers

Before and After the install today. Don't mind the leather bag... used it to hold the brake lever assembly during the install process.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks good Bergan.

My bars should be here in a week I can wait. 4years on stock bars

Reactions: Bergan

·
Administrator
12,506 Posts
I'm 5'8" and just di a set of 10" bars. If I did it over I would probably go 12. I did 10" because I'm looking for the "low" look on my bike. One thing that I really like about the 10s is that they make me ride in an upright position which should definitely be beneficial to my posture.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm 5'-9", but I'm all torso (short legs, short arms) with barely a 30" inseam.

I just put 16" Khrome Werks Original Apes on my bike and I'm completely happy with them. That and the 16" windshield from Long Ride Shields allows me to sit up straight in the saddle without having to slouch to reach the stock bars or duck the wind buffeting my head. Best two mods I've done to the bike, for sure.

I probably could have gotten away with 14" bars, but I'm very happy with the 16"s.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks Swomack. I believe I saw in another thread you were reviewing LRS windshields. Any problem with your 16" bars hitting the shield and getting the forks locked? My bars are rolled forward a bit and I am a bit concerned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
6'3" standing upright
6'2" with slouch after back operation and nerve damage to hip
6'1" in the near future after another operation

16" apes and flat-out love them. Absolutely no more aches and pains
after 200 mile days, let alone 500 plus mile days.
I'll be in the market for a new RG after getting back from Sturgis this year, so Ive been researching apes because I believe they'll work for me; (currently: 2015 Ltd CVO SG) my question is what made you go to 16", Im thinking 14", and, do you pull yours back to match angle of front forks? thx ronnie ray 6'2"

·
Registered
4 Posts
6'3" standing upright
6'2" with slouch after back operation and nerve damage to hip
6'1" in the near future after another operation

16" apes and flat-out love them. Absolutely no more aches and pains
after 200 mile days, let alone 500 plus mile days.
One more thing, from your pic, your windshield looks lower than your sight of vision; How do you feel about all the elements in your sight of vision? some are really short others look like hondas, thx

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I am 5'10" but with 30" inseam and a long torso, I ended up getting some custom 16" apes made for my 2008. The comfort is perfect - wish I had done it much sooner.

181 - 200 of 218 Posts