Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I am new to the road glide world having just bought my 13 road glide custom a few weeks back. I am having an issue choosing some new bars for my bike and am in need of some guidance. First let me tell you I am looking for 11-14" bars but they need to reach back a ways as I have short arms and I don't want to be leaning forward. Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm running Wild1 12" Outlawz. Great bars. I really like them and reasonably priced too. Wild 1's customer service is great. If you look around on their website they have pictures of all kinds of bikes with all their different bars on them, pretty helpful when picking out bars. Also, if you talk to them they can help you pick something out, and help you with any questions you might have.

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
First off welcome to the forum. You're gonna be getting several options here as this is one of the most subjective topics. Now with that said I went with Wild1 502 12.5" chubbys.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There are many to choose from. I just got done installing 12" Black KST Outlaw
bars on my 2015. Check those out, Factory 47, Paul Yaffe, LA, Lots to choose from. Big thing is to figure if you want to extend wires/cables/hyd lines, if not then you will be choosing somewhere in the 12" range and maybe be able to squeeze 14. Anything taller then you will have a little more work to do. Anyway, go hunting.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I'm running Wild1 12" Outlawz. Great bars. I really like them and reasonably priced too. Wild 1's customer service is great. If you look around on their website they have pictures of all kinds of bikes with all their different bars on them, pretty helpful when picking out bars. Also, if you talk to them they can help you pick something out, and help you with any questions you might have.

I also have the 12" Outlawz in black. See pic in my sig.

·
Registered
2012 RGU vivid black
1,595 Posts
Plus 1 on the outlawz guys I also went with them in 12 inch and I love them but I kinda wish I'd went with 14s now but I didn't want to have to change out my cables. Plus their easy to install it only took me a couple of hours

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you like terrible customer service and prefer the finish of the bars to be crappy, check out Paul Yaffe bars.

Carlini has great customer service and I have found their products to be of the highest quality.

BR Customs seems to be the same, they can custom make you bars with any size / pull back you want to best fit you. Keep in mind any handle bar can be rolled back so you dont have to reach forward for em.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Torch Industries. Great to deal with/ very nice barz. much better than Yaffe. been there dun that !!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Torch Industries. Great to deal with/ very nice barz. much better than Yaffe. been there dun that !!!!!
Which Torch bars did you go with?

I currently have a order in to Yaffe for some 12" Monkey Bars but I am losing my patience and I am frantically searching for something else as my bike is laying in pieces waiting for the bars.

I am torn, as I have heard all good things about the comfort of the Yaffe bars but I can't wait forever.

·
Registered
103 Posts
HB-8. 12". 1.5". very easy to pull everything through. Give Justin a call, very helpful

·
Registered
830 Posts
I am running 12" Outlawz. The amount of pullback is largely determined by the angle between the handle bars and the forks. I set mine in straight line giving me a large amount of pull back.

·
Super Moderator
5,935 Posts
Im a big fan of Hill Country Customs bars. Ive had a set of 14's on Lymey for almost 5 yrs and the chrome has had held up beautifully.
Im 5'9 & have them pulled back a bit.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome to the forum. May I suggest you try to sit on some bikes with varying size handlebars. Handlebars can get pricey if you do not wire them yourself. Also, it can become a royal P.I.A. to keep swapping out the handlebars until you find the ones you like. You really only want to do this once. I prefer 16" bars, but everyone is different and built differently, so the bars will vary from person to person, and how they like them set up.

·
Super Moderator
5,935 Posts
In addition to what Kevin said above, if you sit on other folks bike, take into consideration their seats. My seat has a much lower profile than most & would put me in a totally different position with say, a stocker

·
Registered
380 Posts
In addition to what Kevin said above, if you sit on other folks bike, take into consideration their seats. My seat has a much lower profile than most & would put me in a totally different position with say, a stocker
Tracy has an awesome point. The seat height does become another variable in the Handlebar equation, that I personally did not think of.:D

·
Super Moderator
5,935 Posts
Thanks Dan. That ol bike has brought me a lot of cool opportunities and some of the best people Ive ever met.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Anybody here gone from heritage style bars to the wild one10 inch mini apes, if so is there much of a difference in height

1 - 20 of 28 Posts