Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear your opinion of ape hangers on a road glide. I currently have a set on my dyna and love them and am considering putting some on a road glide but wonder if my hands being above the fairing would make a noticeable difference in their warmth as opposed to being behind the fairing. Is it that noticeable? Also considering maybe baby or mini apes to keep the shape/design but keep my hands behind the fairing. Thoughts?

Also, if you like apes, any recommendations for brand?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just signed for a new 2015 RGS and have been researching the same thing.

Was going for Yaffe's but now I am thinking 14" Malo bars from http://www.factory47cycles.com/. All comes down to your personal style and height.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have 10" Wild One Chubby's on mine. Ride all day, stays comfortable. Hands are in the wind a bit but not bad.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Just finished 14" carlini and am amazed at how comfy they are. Finished this morning and went for a 50 mile ride. I had to do something so I came back. If not, I would still be out. Love them. I might pull them back a bit though.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,413 Posts
To answer your question... Yes there is a big difference having your hands above the fairing. They will be colder in the winter but the trade of is that they will be cooler in the summertime. Having them lower and behind the fairing is a plus in the winter but if you like the feel of apes then go for it. You can always use glove liners or heated gloves in the colder months.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

16" Burly Apes. Yup hands are in the wind but nothing a good pair of insulated gloves don't fix when its cold out.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
12.5" Wild1 Chubbys on mine. I used to have 14"s on my other bikes, and I should have stayed with 14s. They are way comfortable, I'm 5-9.5, 30" inseam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.