Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you fools running your mirrors flipped under and if so, what kind? - I tired flipping the stockers and all I could see was my arm pits or the lane to either side, 5 feet away - Not the kind of rearview I am use to

Must admit tho, with the bars high and mirrors up top, you can see EVERYTHING

·
Registered
311 Posts
On my Heritage I had 20s on her and the mirrors flipped, but they were the stockers. About the same with the view, but I usually rode with just my throttle hand up. Could see alright then.

On my RG, I just left the mirrors on top. Thought about getting a set of handlebar clamp mirrors and see what I can do with them, but just ain't done it yet. If you find something that works, let me know...

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I tried em under in the spring after installing my 16" f47 bars. It looked awesome but like you couldn't see nuttin, lasted one ride and went back on top.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
up top, you can see EVERYTHING

At 5'11&1/2 n195#wet, all Shoulders & Obliging Balls, some say Iam real SOB...

the first thing I did on the RG in '03 besides the engine work from the go was to put
Extended Mirrors on it. Shoulder checks while preservin, 2 on she can see am not going to spit over my left.

That and big ears, what's the ? If ya can get your head in it your body wii follow, hummmm cat wiskers

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lasted one ride and went back on top.
Bingo - I had the dealer flip 'em for me before I left and by the time I got home, flipped the sum bitches right back - To be honest, not a lot of mirrors out there really blow my skirt up except the old school Circles

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At 5'11&1/2 n195#wet, all Shoulders & Obliging Balls, some say Iam real SOB...

the first thing I did on the RG in '03 besides the engine work from the go was to put
Extended Mirrors on it. Shoulder checks while preservin, 2 on she can see am not going to spit over my left.

That and big ears, what's the ? If ya can get your head in it your body wii follow, hummmm cat wiskers
DAMN IT Reds............this is the 2nd one that got by me (no comprende) in 2 weeks - I am slipping Pops.........kindly forgive

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found these from doing some searching on various boards - Just ordered them and hoping for the best - Not to shabby on price and if they don't work, I'll flip them over to the Road Glide

Licks Cycles? - They also seem to have a pretty sweet DOT 1/2 Lid too but I am already good there.

3" Mini Round Mirror- Black

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mirrors are one thing I like to stick with HD. I found the aftermarket ones never like to stay where I set them. Those licks mirrors look cool, hope they work for ya!

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those licks mirrors look cool, hope they work for ya!
Thx Man - Me too - Most of my "Fuck Around" Bikes I just yank the mirrors right off but dig the look of a small circle under hang mirror with Apes

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Sycthe and I had to run the 1" extenders to clear my elbows so I could see comfortably. I powdercoated the whole set up black and I have had these mirrors well over 7 years and combined mileage of 90K between two bikes they have never come loose.

I can't even imagine running mirrors on the top side of my 12" apes now.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
No issue with them hitting the Tank when the bars are at Full turn?
Actually no. I have the 12" Outlawz and run the 1" extenders and at full tilt I'm at least another 1-1 1/2" away from touching the tank. I made sure that it wouldn't.

Of course that doesn't go without saying that that could change depending on the angles and the such but I keep my bars running straight with the angle of the forks. I bet if pushed forward you would have more clearance.

....and in reality I was more concerned with the mirrors touching the fairing actually. The clearance from the mirrors touching the fairing is a little tighter....something like 1/2" or 5/8". but all is good.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
....and in reality I was more concerned with the mirrors touching the fairing actually. The clearance from the mirrors touching the fairing is a little tighter....something like 1/2" or 5/8". but all is good.
Great Point - I'll check these out for sure - I went the El Cheapo Route with the Licks as that is the look I want but if they fail, these look like a nice Plan B

Thx Man

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
DAMN IT Reds............this is the 2nd one that got by me (no comprende) in 2 weeks - I am slipping Pops.........kindly forgive
I run mirrors like cat wiskers, wether on top bars or would think the same for under. Extended to the sides so your either not looking down up but as a eye twitch. And as a cat...if your wiskers fit there's a good chances your body forward will to.

And I mostly spit over my left shoulder, blinding or just flat out
Pissin off the devil, ya ant gotta ck on the hounds of hell, you know
When they are running with you or after you

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Sycthe and I had to run the 1" extenders to clear my elbows so I could see comfortably. I powdercoated the whole set up black and I have had these mirrors well over 7 years and combined mileage of 90K between two bikes they have never come loose.

I can't even imagine running mirrors on the top side of my 12" apes now.

I tried it on my sled and even know I thought it looked cool as hell, when I took it out for a quick 10 mile ride, I couldn't get to my garage fast enough to put them back on top. It just didn't work for me. I couldn't see nearly as well as them being in their normal position. Once again I do really like the look but I didn't like the view from down below.
Swomack

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been emailing with Licks (Great Co BTW, AJ is the man) and the Mirrors are shipping today so I should be able to try them this weekend - Worst Case is I run them on top anyway - Have high hopes but just not sure until I look into them as I ride.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I tried it on my sled and even know I thought it looked cool as hell, when I took it out for a quick 10 mile ride, I couldn't get to my garage fast enough to put them back on top. It just didn't work for me. I couldn't see nearly as well as them being in their normal position. Once again I do really like the look but I didn't like the view from down below.
Swomack

It takes some getting used to but for me it just felt natural after a few times and I really like the looks of them down low.

Have you considered some 'bar end' mirrors? Seems some folks are starting to put those on their baggers. I have them on a sportster.

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
I've been using these mirrors on my last three bikes and I dig them.
I will stick with them but I would like to see the bar end mirrors.
I have never seen these on a bagger before.
Swomack

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't your arms get in the way of seeing the mirrors easy?
With certain mirrors, yes - I think that is where the "Extenders" come to the rescue - I was really looking for a Mirror that was designed for the under hang but came up short - Found the small circles that I read some good stuff on in term of the under hang.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts