Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this topic has been out. I'm looking for some 1.5 14" apes for my 2018 RGS.
Any suggestions??
Thanks

·
Registered
773 Posts
I bought the 14" Mayhem apes from Demonscycle.com. They are only 1.25" though but came powdercoated semi-gloss black and shipped for free for $179. The stock clutch and brake hose will reach, but you will need the short extenders for your hand control wiring. The bars are even drilled for the center pin and the pins under the clamps.

Here is the link to them if you want to look:

https://www.demonscycle.com/mayhem-black-14-rise-ape-hangers-1-1-4-diameter-handlebars-for-harley-road-glide-2016-up-5536

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Im sure this topic has been out. I'm looking for some 1.5 14" apes for my 2018 RGS.
Any suggestions??
Thanks
Speaking from experience as well as what many others have said, go with bigger bars than what you want. So in your case get 16" bars. If you want 1.5" bars I would recommend the Factory 47 bars. I personally have the 16" F47 Signature bars for my 18 RGS and ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! I was thinking about 14's and VERY GLAD I went a size higher. The F47 bars are extremely easy to install at home due to the 1.5" size.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any suggestions??
Thanks
Speaking from experience as well as what many others have said, go with bigger bars than what you want. So in your case get 16" bars. If you want 1.5" bars I would recommend the Factory 47 bars. I personally have the 16" F47 Signature bars for my 18 RGS and ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! I was thinking about 14's and VERY GLAD I went a size higher. The F47 bars are extremely easy to install at home due to the 1.5" size.
Did you have to extend anything (wires/lines)? There's video out there from Factory 47 showing a 16" bar installation using stock lines.......

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the 14" Mayhem apes from Demonscycle.com. They are only 1.25" though but came powdercoated semi-gloss black and shipped for free for $179. The stock clutch and brake hose will reach, but you will need the short extenders for your hand control wiring. The bars are even drilled for the center pin and the pins under the clamps.

Here is the link to them if you want to look:

https://www.demonscycle.com/mayhem-black-14-rise-ape-hangers-1-1-4-diameter-handlebars-for-harley-road-glide-2016-up-5536
I had some JSR 14" on my 2015 and use all the stock lines and wires. Are the 18s shorter?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Did you have to extend anything (wires/lines)? There's video out there from Factory 47 showing a 16" bar installation using stock lines.......
I don't know if you could get away with 16s. You might be able to do it if you pulled the clutch line and front brake line out of the plastic retaining block on the right side of the frame, by the neck. You will still need the wiring extensions for your LHCM and RHCM. The throttle wire is plenty long enough.

I had some JSR 14" on my 2015 and use all the stock lines and wires. Are the 18s shorter?
My clutch hose and front brake hose worked just fine, but by the time I had the LHCM and RHCM wires through the bars, they only stuck out about 2"s and the plugs were about 4" away. Lol. I probably could have unclipped the wires from the plastic panel they were on but I didn't want to put any un-due stress on the plugs.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I was able to use all stock cables. Only had to buy the wire extensions from F47 which were $30. For the cables you have to reroute them by taking them out of the factory channels they sit in and letting them run straighter lines. The install took me 2 hours (give or take) and that is mostly because this is my first RG and I had no idea how to take anything apart so I was following the manual step by step.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts