Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has done this? and if you did throw up some pics.

i was installing my chrome switch caps the other weekend and while i was doing it i was thinking to myself, what a pain in the ass if one of these switches went bad and i had internal wiring. everything would have to come apart to replace one. thoughts?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
who has done this? and if you did throw up some pics.

i was installing my chrome switch caps the other weekend and while i was doing it i was thinking to myself, what a pain in the ass if one of these switches went bad and i had internal wiring. everything would have to come apart to replace one. thoughts?

Replacing a switch should be able to be done right in the switch housing, if you want to do it properly, with no splicing, everything has to be torn apart anyway.

Also, most aftermarket bars that are intended to be internal wired do not have the dimple to allow the wiring to pass under the clutch/brake handle clamps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Road 6 customs bars can be wired internally or externally. They have the correct dimples. It just looks so much cleaner with the wires hidden in my opinion. Trust me the thought crossed my mind but looking back I'm glad I wired mine internally

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts