Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m writing to confirm that on the digital technician, under the radio flash, you tell the bike it was a whim and set it up for WIRED communications and Apple car play will be enabled on your bike. If you have an ultra it’s already on due to the Harley wired headset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
I’m writing to confirm that on the digital technician, under the radio flash, you tell the bike it was a whim and set it up for WIRED communications and Apple car play will be enabled on your bike. If you have an ultra it’s already on due to the Harley wired headset.

Can you use by Bluetooth or will your iPhone have to be plugged into the USB ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,036 Posts

yep. i can confirm that he can confirm this. thanks >:)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Can you use by Bluetooth or will your iPhone have to be plugged into the USB ?

Either

So did you find the option for wireless CarPlay? Meaning the phone doesn't have to be plugged in? I thought I saw that option when I was getting my radio flashed for comms and the tech asked if I wanted it, but I said no. A cat on another forum strait up called me a liar....LOL. Said no way in hell the GTS has that function.

·
Registered
315 Posts
So did you find the option for wireless CarPlay? Meaning the phone doesn't have to be plugged in? I thought I saw that option when I was getting my radio flashed for comms and the tech asked if I wanted it, but I said no. A cat on another forum strait up called me a liar....LOL. Said no way in hell the GTS has that function.
I'm not sure it has ability to have apple car play without being plugged in. It picks up my phone and tunes on Bluetooth but apple play only showed up when I plugged it in.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So we did it wireless and I could not make it work correctly cuz it was looking for the sena. When I set it up for wired it worked plugged in. Then when I drove the bike back up front the car play screen came back up....and I had unplugged the fon. Did not think about it until you guys asked here....

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
So we did it wireless and I could not make it work correctly cuz it was looking for the sena. When I set it up for wired it worked plugged in. Then when I drove the bike back up front the car play screen came back up....and I had unplugged the fon. Did not think about it until you guys asked here....

Any chance you can check again? When I saw it was a tab on the right side of the screen, not sure what page it was on.

Not concerned about the CarPlay without a head set....interested in CarPlay without the phone being plugged in.

Thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This thread is not about the headsets. It’s about making it function without the whim installed on the bike. CarPlay was designed to have the phone plugged in. It’s a safety thing. When I set it up for wireless it just kept looking for the headset.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I get another bike through for this I’ll check about the unplugged thing. Or you could ask someone who got it working

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
yes, you can.

without the whim, any of the talk/text functions are not really useable, but pandora, google maps, waze all work great.

·
Registered
269 Posts
yes, you can.
That's good to know thanks. I currently have an Android phone and I was going to switch to an iPhone but I didn't want to have buy the WHIM and headsets. I just want to be able to change the genre on Pandora without stopping.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
That's good to know thanks. I currently have an Android phone and I was going to switch to an iPhone but I didn't want to have buy the WHIM and headsets. I just want to be able to change the genre on Pandora without stopping.

All the CarPlay functions work exactly the same as they do on any other CarPlay system. Pandora will function exactly as you are hoping. Some of the apps have a lot of menus to dig through, but it's all there.

On a side note, I'm not sure why no one wants to use a headset and have voice command. It is great, everything from rerouting with the NAV on the fly to swapping apps in CarPlay...it does a ton. I only used a headset when my wife was with me on my old bike, now I use it all the time.

·
Registered
269 Posts
All the CarPlay functions work exactly the same as they do on any other CarPlay system. Pandora will function exactly as you are hoping. Some of the apps have a lot of menus to dig through, but it's all there.

On a side note, I'm not sure why no one wants to use a headset and have voice command. It is great, everything from rerouting with the NAV on the fly to swapping apps in CarPlay...it does a ton. I only used a headset when my wife was with me on my old bike, now I use it all the time.
Ok that's good to know. Looks like I'll be getting an iPhone then

·
Registered
4,036 Posts

cause i don't have a whim, and i don't have a headset right now and don't have the funds to go out and purchase 2 (wife rides her own bike, so whatever we buy, we have to double). i will probably do so in the future, but i didn't want to not be able to take advantage of some of the CarPlay functions right now while i wait to get a headset.

so, i did check the function of pandora, and was able to cycle through the options using the thumb switches. i can change stations, etc. even add a thumbs up or down, but did not find any way to change genre. but, i can't find that option in my car either.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts