Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
Dinner at Shades in Athens, OH. Never had a Fish Rueben before. It was tasty.

The Athens area with the “Windy 9” would probably be a nice centrally located area for a Sharkweek with nice roads to ride. If not, it should still be an area many would enjoy riding if they are traveling anywhere close by.
I said the exact same thing after we rode there last year - We stayed at the Hotel directly above Shades....its PERFECT for a SW and the roads around there offer more than you could ever hit in 3-4-5 days of riding

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
Nice town
Tween @BobRG15 in Mackinnack and you in the Haven....I'v got some leaky eyes....spent WAY too much of my youth in both those "lakeside towns" and love 'em both.....the whole West Side of Mich is heaven to me - Throw up pics of Traverse City and I might go into a full out belly cry...sniffles and all

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
Go just West of Harbor Springs
Love me some Bar Harbor....they use to have a basket of pins that they put out at the end of the bar at the end of the night that said, "I Made Last Call at Bar Harbor" - Nothing fancy, kind of State Fair'ish but loved 'em and use to have a bunch

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
@tj316 ...you are tugging at my heart string Brother....Kalkaska /Masalona MI are is where I learned to ride/race MX.....Trav City, Charlevoux is where the rich kids lived with the brand new Dirt Bikes where ours were zip tied and fishing wired together and we were always jealous....just BEAUTIFUL part of the world up there man....enjoy it pal

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
I took (1) picture the entire trip...and it was Monday, at the Museum as I sat with my Bald Spot admiring all the bikes after I moved mine next to @smitty901 in the shade - I am not a "Stop and Take Pics" kinda guy but do love seeing everyones

Another great SW of seeing folks i have not seen since SW in '17 and then SW in '19 - Plenty of Hug and Chug Moments - Most nights trying to fall asleep but can't cuz my sides hurt from laughing so much (@calgaryglide .....that "Stuck story" had me in tears) and my mind was in replay mode from all the awesome of the day - I am hesitant to try and remember cuz I know I'll forget some but from @tj316 and the ICON Status Play (and Bourbon) ......to @twowheeladdict and the very kind gift of the Prince Shirt to @BH#103 and his OL for letting me tag along their routes and always putting up with my ADD and attention span of a nat....to @BobRG15 trying to kill TJ and I by testing the patience of Wisc Drivers and their "Yield to Merge in the Round About" (Bob rides that CVO like a 10 yr old on a BMX Bike....love it) as well as taking me back to meet Doc from Doc's HD where we chatted up Harley of yesteryear to the SPECTACULAR Door County Ride Day led by @The Volusianator to the everyday rides and laughs with @Bleachey @Hopalong48 @thedude @LS GLIDE @Ickshter to just the simplest of quick chats with @mjsdouble as we would pass each other in the Hotel or Meet Area when we were both heading somewhere else but always stopped to chat (love that shit Kenny) to @TracyB for all she does for us (with Frankie and Myrtle too) and always there for a Hug and a Smile to my man @Mischief for always being awesome and bombing me out of no where with the quick laughs - I know I am forgetting a ton and am sorry but I am fry'ed - Rolled out at 7:15a and was home doing laundry by 10:45a...

The RGL stole my heart and I am so very glad I did the move - With the Legends up Front, SupeShox in rear, the Lowers and the Pillowie Cushion of the Limited Seat.....every day was 100% enjoyable - Need to explore a seat that sits me back a tad as well as some bars that have a better wrist angle but other than that.....bike is dialed......oh and Tunes

Until next time Ladies....
Sky Cloud Daytime Electricity Overhead power line

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
….already miss the laughs Shuman , until we ride again
Teej...it had been since 2017 Pal and that was just too long....I get my @BobRG15 and @Ohiobellboy fix about every year or two but you and @Uncle Fuzzy ...we need to do better because I don't get to laugh like that everyday...miss you goofs already

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. Tj's got a lot of nerve. A former boss (and still a friend) who went totally bald on top by the time he was 40, used to respond to any comments about it by saying that, "they don't put marble tops on cheap furniture".
I call it my "Chip Shot Divot" - Have shaved my head more times then I can remember and never had any "spots" until this last time from last Summer......it grew back.....but not in the top, back where i have an Oyster size spot.....

I have always rocked the "Ward Clever" slick back....now it just covers a little more

1 - 20 of 28 Posts