Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,714 Posts
As of our last "Florida Meet and Greet", tj316 announced that he had been officially declared to be "a motorcycle icon" by some drone on the HD Forums site (So you know what that's worth!). Based on his behavior that weekend, I have no doubt that Wendy wasn't even off the bike yet today, when Tim walked into the dealership and asked who owned the RG outside, and then introduced himself as "TJ, the motorcycling icon!" It would be OK if he just did that at Harley shops or when meeting another biker, but he tells everyone from the gal pouring him morning coffee at the Waffle House, to the young gal with the purple and orange hair that works at the local WaWa store when he gets a coffee.

In fact, everyone who sees this prior to getting to SW, just remember to address TJ as "Mr. Icon", because he gets a little surly when you don't.

·
11,714 Posts
Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
11,714 Posts
@Uncle Fuzzy don’t be a hater , us ICON’s exist to give you something to strive to be like
I wasn't being a hater, I just wanted to let folks know because I know how stressed out you get when people don't immediately recognize your recent change in status among the motorcycling community.

·
11,714 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: The Volusianator

·
11,714 Posts
We are chomping at the bit to get on the road, mom seems to be doing well in his improving quite rapidly, we have decided that if she can get her leg over the seat we are gone!!! Going to start packing our duffel bags today just to make sure we don't leave anything, and we'll leave first thing Friday morning, pull out time is 5:00 a.m. but we're not holding to that just because of my wife getting ready and getting her on the bike and all of that so actually whatever time we leave will be just fine with me😊😊
Ha ha. At this stage of life all scheduled kick stands up times are asprirational. Just a target to shoot for. You're starting vacation - time shouldn't be a consideration. About 100 miles up the road you'll start to get into your riding groove and all your worries will disappear (temporarily). Turn up the tunes and let her roll! Wish I was going but I had committed to go to ME/NH for a 3 week trip coming up in 2 weeks. I had to cancel for covid in 2020, then last year things were still a bit covid shaky with every state having different covid protocols, so I just put it off til this year. One of these days while I'm still riding, I hope to get an opportunity to burn a few with you. I hope your wife is healed enough to truly enjoy the trip. I'll have a good thought for her.

·
11,714 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
11,714 Posts
View attachment 445777
Nice town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
... and you stayed out of the pictures so it remains that way. Won't Wendy be pissed when she sees you've been taking pics of other women - like that hottie in the pic above?

• Haha

·
11,714 Posts

·
11,714 Posts

·
11,714 Posts
At this point he's already drank one BIG MUG of coffee so I guess my coffee making skills are still good....or he's desperate (-:

View attachment 445833
That doesn't look like a coffee cup in Mark's hands .... just sayin'.
Nice little ride up to Copper Harbor one steel grated bridge and forty five miles of gently rolling roads made the ride enjoyable
[/QUOTE

Ride fast Bob, the ICON is trying to catch you!

·
11,714 Posts
Did you carry that pop-up in your tour-pak? That's some great "reserved" parking there.
That's the special treatment you get when you're a "Motorcycling Icon!"

·
11,714 Posts

·
11,714 Posts

·
11,714 Posts

·
11,714 Posts
I want to join "Jack the Brainiac" in thanking everyone for the pics and stories. For those of us who couldn't attend for one reason or another, it's great to 'participate' through this thread. Keep 'em coming.

·
11,714 Posts
My loving wife with a smile on her face..... View attachment 446003
Ok, we know about your wife's illness, and we know she had a fall and hurt herself just before you left, and yet she rode 2 consecutive 600+ mile days and more! WOW, she's definitely a keeper! You ARE a lucky SOB for sure. I hope you reward her with a more leisurely (stop and smell the roses) pace on the trip home.

·
11,714 Posts

·
11,714 Posts
@SteadyEddie is that a bald spot showing

He's just giving you 'a little head'. He's sitting there making a mental list of what the first 5 mods will be.

Reactions: tj316

·
11,714 Posts
@Uncle Fuzzy , I met an ICON today.
I'd say that was his pleasure David. I can only hope that you met him just before a meal was going to take place, because if he'd already eaten, the story of how he became an Icon can go on almost indefinitely!

I consider TJ to be a very good friend. He and I stir up the pot when we get together with the rest of the guys for a ride. If TJ didn't already drag you out to the parking lot to view his license plate, you probably should see it and take note of how he views himself. Enjoy your week with the gang. If it wasn't for a twice (Covid) canceled trip to Maine/NH that I am doing in 2 weeks, I would have made the effort to be at SW this year. Hopefully there will be other opportunities.

·
11,714 Posts
View attachment 446036
David Bell and I ( both full ICONS) welcome @SteadyEddie into the ICON fold as a ICON Probate

Probate? You sure you didn't mean to say "reprobate".

You all look good, and hopefully you've got lots of great memories to make this week. Enjoy! Perhaps Virginia will work for all of us.

Reactions: tj316
1 - 20 of 45 Posts