Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS Scorched Orange/Silver Flux
206 Posts
I would like to thank all you gents for sharing this Shark Week in pictures. Those of us that don't lay down the miles like most of you do can really appreciate it. Not afraid to admit if I had run into the rainstorm that @TexasSmoker did in Arkansas on his way up I would have turned around right there. Call me what you want, it's just not my thing on a bike. I may put on 1500 miles riding the Black Hills during the Sturgis rally but I haul it up in my truck pulling a small travel trailer. Didn't go this year. Glad to place some faces with some of the forum handles. Y'all have a lot of fun. Thanks again.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I can't see that it matters to anyone whether a person rides there or trailers there. It's all about attending and having fun as far as I can tell. But then...I haven't ever attended so what do I really know?
You're are correct sir. I've been to Sturgis 14 times and have never ridden there. I may put a couple of hundred miles a day on the scoot after I get there but I'm not about to wear myself out crossing the Great Plains in August heat on my RG. I'm a poor feller,can't afford motels and don't like tent camping so I ride my scoot up into the bed of my truck and tow a small 30 yr old home built travel trailer. Camp in a National Forest campground to avoid the high prices at the campgrounds around town. Last trip in 2018
Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

·
Registered
206 Posts
By the looks of that truck and bike, you have an interesting definition of poor. LOL!
LOL I guess it's all relative, truck is 18 years old bike has 40k miles on it and is a '15. I thought the trailer would be a good indicator of poor. LOL It's a tank though, my Dad built it. LOL I exist on less than 30k a year since I retired and I didn't figure this inflation into my retirement budget when I put the pencil to it 4 years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts