Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
301 - 320 of 487 Posts

·
Administrator
13,537 Posts
Teej...it had been since 2017 Pal and that was just too long....I get my @BobRG15 and @Ohiobellboy fix about every year or two but you and @Uncle Fuzzy ...we need to do better because I don't get to laugh like that everyday...miss you goofs already
So ewe bringin your goofy self back to Patti's this year

JtB

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,713 Posts
Rolling with @Bleachey and @Hopalong48 down backroads through WI and IL. Found a great lunch stop at a crossroads in what felt like the middle of nowhere. View attachment 446303 View attachment 446304 View attachment 446305 View attachment 446306 View attachment 446307 View attachment 446308
I had the fish. 😎

blazing hot in the sun!
Those all look pretty darned good. Oyster crackers with what looks like chili? I've never seen those 2 paired up before.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
11,713 Posts
Teej...it had been since 2017 Pal and that was just too long....I get my @BobRG15 and @Ohiobellboy fix about every year or two but you and @Uncle Fuzzy ...we need to do better because I don't get to laugh like that everyday...miss you goofs already
OK, you've shamed me into it. Barring any unforeseen medical, financial, or spiritual emergency, or Chinese nuclear attack, I will commit to riding to SW Virginia next year with, as long as .... this is the hard part .... "THE ICON" (@tj316 ) agrees to riding up together. He and I have chatted about overnight trips and neither of us wants to put in 8-12 hours a day on the road anymore. In fact, I think that the Florida Boys should make the trip as a group. (@BobRG15, @dbell66253 , @beavis, @Firetech) and anyone else that wants to tag along. It looks like two 7 hour days of actual riding time. I'm putting this out there Cuz, so you better be all-in!

·
11,713 Posts
Well if you had passed out everyone's portion of your 3/4 billion after taxes windfall , I'da been there , all the plastic coffee cans I put the money in were all rusted out ...

JtB
Shhhhh! I told you not to tell anyone I won that lottery.

• Haha
Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
2011 RGU
2,367 Posts
What an awesome trip. I'm not even going to try to name drop. One, I will forget to mention someone, and 2 I probably will get the names wrong. The better half has pics that I will post when we get home, struggling with my phone. And I can say I now u derstand why some of our friends ds from the Chicago area are obsessed with suspension. Illinois roads f#$/&ing suck.

·
11,713 Posts
Wifey and I already planning it Kev .. HHMM hard to cross paths with yawl tho , depends /.

JtB
The way I see it, it's 14+ hours over 2 days of super-slab all the way ... (at least for those of us down this way). Add in gas stops, hydration stops, lunch ... and you have 10 hour days. Honestly, that might well be more than I can commit to physically.

Or we do it over 3 days, riding 5-6 hours a day (riding time) the first 2 days (Sat/Sun) and have a short 3 or so hour run to the destination on Monday. This way we could incorporate some known great riding roads here and there along with the Interstate. We've obviously got plenty of time to look at our options and talk it over with everyone involved.

Reactions: ChromeSpark

·
11,713 Posts
What an awesome trip. I'm not even going to try to name drop. One, I will forget to mention someone, and 2 I probably will get the names wrong. The better half has pics that I will post when we get home, struggling with my phone. And I can say I now u derstand why some of our friends ds from the Chicago area are obsessed with suspension. Illinois roads f#$/&ing suck.
LOL! You should ride within the city limits for a day for a real treat. I lived 45 minutes west of there for 10+ years. I never rode my bike in the city, but I drove through and around the city enough doing customer meetings, that I knew I didn't WANT to ride my bike there.

·
11,713 Posts
Money can turn a Bald Spot into a Part REAL quick.........but yes it is.....
Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. Tj's got a lot of nerve. A former boss (and still a friend) who went totally bald on top by the time he was 40, used to respond to any comments about it by saying that, "they don't put marble tops on cheap furniture".

·
The ICON
2,263 Posts

·
11,713 Posts
I can't believe nobody asked what tj316 is doing to that pig.
I guess I missed that picture, fortunately. I've seen pics of @tj316 around barn yard animals before and once you see them, you can't ever unsee them!

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. Tj's got a lot of nerve. A former boss (and still a friend) who went totally bald on top by the time he was 40, used to respond to any comments about it by saying that, "they don't put marble tops on cheap furniture".
I call it my "Chip Shot Divot" - Have shaved my head more times then I can remember and never had any "spots" until this last time from last Summer......it grew back.....but not in the top, back where i have an Oyster size spot.....

I have always rocked the "Ward Clever" slick back....now it just covers a little more

·
Registered
202 Posts
I call it my "Chip Shot Divot" - Have shaved my head more times then I can remember and never had any "spots" until this last time from last Summer......it grew back.....but not in the top, back where i have an Oyster size spot.....

I have always rocked the "Ward Clever" slick back....now it just covers a little more
Art Wall Sculpture Font Brick

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS Scorched Orange/Silver Flux
206 Posts
I would like to thank all you gents for sharing this Shark Week in pictures. Those of us that don't lay down the miles like most of you do can really appreciate it. Not afraid to admit if I had run into the rainstorm that @TexasSmoker did in Arkansas on his way up I would have turned around right there. Call me what you want, it's just not my thing on a bike. I may put on 1500 miles riding the Black Hills during the Sturgis rally but I haul it up in my truck pulling a small travel trailer. Didn't go this year. Glad to place some faces with some of the forum handles. Y'all have a lot of fun. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
I just wanted to give a quick shout out,
You guys have been Simply Amazing!!! My wife has wanted for nothing, we have so many members that have come up to Nancy just to ask if she was okay was there anything they could do or was there anything they could get this went on the whole week, my wife was worried about the week being on crutches and everything that goes with being on crutches. I've got a tear in the eye a couple of times from you guys just the way y'all looked out after my wife. There are no words or things that can say to thank y'all, just know this a humble man is very grateful!!! With your guys help this is been one of the best trips we've had.....

I'd like to thank my loving bride, for enduring this journey that we decided to take. You are an amazing woman, I know I don't deserve you, but I just wanted Forum members to know how lucky I was to wind up with with my wife, I'm so honored to have her as my wife. One last time thank you for being so kind to Nancy View attachment 446248 View attachment 446249 View attachment 446250 View attachment 446251

Christopher
Great pics Christopher. I’m glad you and Nancy made it safely to SW and had a good time. It was nice meeting and spending some time with you guys. Make sure to let us know when you’ve made it home.

·
Super Moderator
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
I would like to thank all you gents for sharing this Shark Week in pictures. Those of us that don't lay down the miles like most of you do can really appreciate it. Not afraid to admit if I had run into the rainstorm that @TexasSmoker did in Arkansas on his way up I would have turned around right there. Call me what you want, it's just not my thing on a bike. I may put on 1500 miles riding the Black Hills during the Sturgis rally but I haul it up in my truck pulling a small travel trailer. Didn't go this year. Glad to place some faces with some of the forum handles. Y'all have a lot of fun. Thanks again.
Nothing wrong with you pulling that trailer to SW.

·
Super Moderator
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
Congrats Kenny on receiving the Janine Hoskins Spirit Award …..well deserved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much Tim. Pretty damn humbling to be honest.

301 - 320 of 487 Posts