Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
321 - 340 of 487 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
Thanks everyone especially @twowheeladdict for posting pics for everyone to see. Shark Week is always an amazing gathering and time flies for the attendees. I’m still on my way home and am nowhere near the photographer @Stray Mutt and twowheeledaddict are. I’ll post some of the pics I did manage to take as time permits. I finally caught up on some of the threads. Hopefully everyone gets home safe and we get to do this again next year.

·
The ICON
2,263 Posts
I’m kind of pissed at @Stray Mutt , @TracyB and the rest of the big wigs .… I suggested a annual @BobRG15 award for the person who was the Biggest Dick at Sharkweek and they passed….I already have a few names I wanted to nominated for The Bob Award haha

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Made it home today. 3096 miles for this trip. My longest ride since my back surgery in December 2016.
Scott led up to the town of Petersburg, Indiana so I could get a photo of a mural.
Tire Wheel Plant Cloud Motor vehicle

This is where we said our goodbyes and Steve took the lead to get me to Kentucky.
Steve and I had lunch at the Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro before we went our separate ways.
Wheel Car Tire Cloud Land vehicle

Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Fast food

Glad I let the tank run down so I could gas up in Owensboro, KY.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Font Line Bumper

From Owensboro, my route through Kentucky was curvy backroads where I worked on rounding off my tires while navigating around thunderstorms.
Made it to Fort Campbell, Kentucky and was ready for a room.
Holiday Inn Express has always told me to park under the front roof, and this one was no exception and even said to tuck it in where I was under roof and away from possible door dings.

Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire

a few more riders were there when I got up this morning. Said they were headed to Sturgis.
Tire Automotive tire Building Vehicle Motor vehicle

Plant Wheel Tire Vehicle Building

I told the Road Glide rider about the forum.

In Clarksville, I rode along the Cumberland river,
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Water

Water Tire Sky Plant Wheel

then rode back roads down to the Natchez Trace, which I followed for a few miles.
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Plant

Glad to be home and ready for a nap. 🥱

See some of you next month for the Porkchop Run, and the rest in Williamsburg next year!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Made it home today. 3096 miles for this trip. My longest ride since my back surgery in December 2016.
Scott led up to the town of Petersburg, Indiana so I could get a photo of a mural.
View attachment 446581
This is where we said our goodbyes and Steve took the lead to get me to Kentucky.
Steve and I had lunch at the Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro before we went our separate ways.
View attachment 446582
View attachment 446583
Glad I let the tank run down so I could gas up in Owensboro, KY.
View attachment 446580
From Owensboro, my route through Kentucky was curvy backroads where I worked on rounding off my tires while navigating around thunderstorms.
Made it to Fort Campbell, Kentucky and was ready for a room.
Holiday Inn Express has always told me to park under the front roof, and this one was no exception and even said to tuck it in where I was under roof and away from possible door dings.

View attachment 446585
a few more riders were there when I got up this morning. Said they were headed to Sturgis.
View attachment 446586
View attachment 446587
I told the Road Glide rider about the forum.

In Clarksville, I rode along the Cumberland river,
View attachment 446588
View attachment 446589
then rode back roads down to the Natchez Trace, which I followed for a few miles.
View attachment 446590
Glad to be home and ready for a nap. 🥱

See some of you next month for the Porkchop Run, and the rest in Williamsburg next year!
So SW is in Williamsburg next year?

·
Registered
8,129 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
A few random pictures, definitely didn't have time for many it seems. We were either on the move, sleeping, eating, drinking or taking in the sights.

View attachment 446574 View attachment 446575 View attachment 446576 View attachment 446577 View attachment 446578
Great pics and you hit the nail on the head for those that don’t know. There never seems to be enough time to do the things you want and need to do.
I did laundry for the 2nd time last night on our way home. Left the load in the washer for over an hour while eating next door with my group. Ron and Troy joined us as they where passing thru.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
The way I see it, it's 14+ hours over 2 days of super-slab all the way ... (at least for those of us down this way). Add in gas stops, hydration stops, lunch ... and you have 10 hour days. Honestly, that might well be more than I can commit to physically.

Or we do it over 3 days, riding 5-6 hours a day (riding time) the first 2 days (Sat/Sun) and have a short 3 or so hour run to the destination on Monday. This way we could incorporate some known great riding roads here and there along with the Interstate. We've obviously got plenty of time to look at our options and talk it over with everyone involved.
Man, the beauty of retirement is taking your time and riding the fun roads. If I were retired, I'd have headed north instead of south and chased the cool air until fall. :)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Williamsburg, VA the end of May to avoid the tourists I guess. Already thinking about routes.
Told the wife we are going to Virginia in May next year lol. Be my birthday present to myself

321 - 340 of 487 Posts