Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
341 - 360 of 487 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,711 Posts
Man, the beauty of retirement is taking your time and riding the fun roads. If I were retired, I'd have headed north instead of south and chased the cool air until fall. :)
In a perfect world .....

I have a dog, so it severely limits how many times I can take off for a week or more at a time. It's a serious inconvenience sometimes, but I get a tremendous amount of pleasure having him around. So it's the life I live. I just hope it's cooler there by the time I get there. I spoke to one of my sisters who lives in central NH Friday and it was 93 there! I'll get to NH on the 18th. When you get to northern New England (as I think you know) August can be steamy miserably hot, or sometimes you wake up and start the wood stove for a couple hours in the a.m. Especially the northern half of VT/NH/ME.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
In a perfect world .....

I have a dog, so it severely limits how many times I can take off for a week or more at a time. It's a serious inconvenience sometimes, but I get a tremendous amount of pleasure having him around. So it's the life I live. I just hope it's cooler there by the time I get there. I spoke to one of my sisters who lives in central NH Friday and it was 93 there! I'll get to NH on the 18th. When you get to northern New England (as I think you know) August can be steamy miserably hot, or sometimes you wake up and start the wood stove for a couple hours in the a.m. Especially the northern half of VT/NH/ME.
I feel you there, but my dogs are my world just as my kids, but can sure put a dampener on plans. And I refuse to board them, to many horror stories

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,703 Posts
Be careful around them Cali boys Christopher , don't need them rubbin' anything off on you ..

JtB
Jack,

You actually have it backwards, I think it was the Texas boy, rubbin off on the the
"Cali Boys"
And for you sick twisted motherfuckers, there was no lotion involved!!🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,703 Posts
I’m kind of pissed at @Stray Mutt , @TracyB and the rest of the big wigs .… I suggested a annual @BobRG15 award for the person who was the Biggest Dick at Sharkweek and they passed….I already have a few names I wanted to nominated for The Bob Award haha
Already got mine on the table..
step up men.... big dick chuck has arrived!!!
Now yall know why Nancy won't leave me!!!

Sorry wrong contest!!!! My Bad!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
11,711 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
11,711 Posts
Harley Poker chip Run on the way home. We hit 5 Dealerships yesterday and 2 today. View attachment 446604

Holy shit MJs, what have you been ingesting? I should have warned you not to eat or ingest anything that Texas Smoker tried to share with you. You're shrinking badly my friend!

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
In a perfect world .....

I guess having a wife at home who doesn't want to ride on the bike has additional benefits I didn't consider. As long as I am home to take care of the animals when she needs to be somewhere, I can go off as often and as long as I have time for.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
In a perfect world .....

I'm in the same boat, other than I only live 4 hours away from Appleton so I drive my car to Green Bay with my dog, dropped him off at my EX's then came back and rode the bike on Monday. She'll bring him back this coming weekend. But yeah, it's hard with a pet, I love my Gussy, he comes before most anything, I'd have missed shark week if I had to board him. I just couldn't do that to him.

·
Super Moderator
5,953 Posts
I had to go through the last few days of this thread just to see what happened at SW...lol so thanks to all who posted pics and their stories. We rarely get to ride during SW but reading how much fun everyone had, makes me smile and fills my heart. Ive always said that as long as I know you left with a smile on your face, then I did my small part in this big 'job'. And I wouldnt have it any other way.

Im thankful to have met the new guys & gals and hugged the old (my favorite part). I certainly wish there was more time in the day to actually sit and chat. We try to make our way around all the groups, but I always miss a few.

Love you all!!!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I vowed never to return to Norfolk many many years ago , but may have to do it one more time before I leave this earth , just for old times sake , specially since Scott told me there's a function at the Wisconsin ..

JtB
Never left anything but bail money in Norfolk. They can keep it I am sure after all these they done forgot about me.
We will be going to Williamsburg.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I had to go through the last few days of this thread just to see what happened at SW...lol so thanks to all who posted pics and their stories. We rarely get to ride during SW but reading how much fun everyone had, makes me smile and fills my heart. Ive always said that as long as I know you left with a smile on your face, then I did my small part in this big 'job'. And I wouldnt have it any other way.

Im thankful to have met the new guys & gals and hugged the old (my favorite part). I certainly wish there was more time in the day to actually sit and chat. We try to make our way around all the groups, but I always miss a few.

Love you all!!!
I need to start planning Next May Williamsburg now. Arrangements must be made of mother in law and Payton.
Dogs will be fine the owners of the kennel are friends of ours and the dogs know them really well they love to visit them.
Who I can I contact ? No way I could remember all that was on the screen when they showed it.

·
11,711 Posts
I guess having a wife at home who doesn't want to ride on the bike has additional benefits I didn't consider. As long as I am home to take care of the animals when she needs to be somewhere, I can go off as often and as long as I have time for.
Sounds like a perfect arrangement. I firmly believe that both partners in a marriage need some time away from their spouse, especially when it's to do an activity that the spouse doesn't really care for. Back when I was married I used to take a week for deer hunting, and a week for fishing with my dad. She would fly to go visit one of her best friends for a week, and she'd go visit our daughter for 7-10 days by herself, over and above our usual visit together.

341 - 360 of 487 Posts