Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my tank console powder coated black, I got a new oem tank insert that I need to install. Anyone have tips on applying it. I don't want it crooked. Wondering if there is anything to put on first that will let me move it a little before its set in place to make adjustments.

Any advise is much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Think you're going to have to just eyeball it the best you can. Not sure how it attaches, but if there is a label to peel off exposing the sticky material. Maybe just peel back a little bit, enough to tack the top or bottom. Then lay it down onto the console, hold it aligned and carefully peel the label off slowly keeping it aligned

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I just laid it in there with the backing on to figure where I wanted it , then removed the backing paper and started laying it in , starting at the bottom. I don't think you can wet it like tint paper .

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had my tank console powder coated black, I got a new oem tank insert that I need to install. Anyone have tips on applying it. I don't want it crooked. Wondering if there is anything to put on first that will let me move it a little before its set in place to make adjustments.

Any advise is much appreciated

Thanks
Where do you get the new tank insert? I haven't been able to find a part number.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it from the harley store. Wasn't sure if I could put something down like isopropyl alcohol before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts