Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I have it, been in for a little over a year. I have no complaints with it. I knew going in, but the auto speed adjustment on the stock HD unit worked surprisingly well, this unit does not have that. Other than a couple of splices for the rear speakers and taping off wires that are no longer used (intercom and cb) it was really easy installation. Better sound quality and volume than the stock unit. I have not added an amp. I did put some J &M speakers in as well. Can here the radio well doing 80 in heavy traffic on the interstate. I am pleased with the improvement without dropping a ton of money.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I don't have that model, I have the cheaper one. Have had it for a few yrs and zero issues, knock on wood. I have a lot of things down river hooked up to mine, never ran it without a amp(s).
The waterproof feature is what sold me being in the sunshine state, (rain state).

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't have that model, I have the cheaper one. Have had it for a few yrs and zero issues, knock on wood. I have a lot of things down river hooked up to mine, never ran it without a amp(s).

The waterproof feature is what sold me being in the sunshine state, (rain state).

Can you see it in the daylight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yes. Sun behind me sometimes I get a glare but no big deal

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I have the Aquatic AV in my 08 and I have no complaints. I don't know anything about the newer Aquatic head units.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes I have this unit new this year got it on amazon I did pay 629. But I got the xm antenna and 3months free included.I have a pro pipe so I use 3m ear plugs to quiet wind noise you can hear and talk just fine xm gets spotty in the woods and low areas screen in sun un readable ride safe

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have it. Only 3 complaints. One that it doesnt have automatic volume control that the stock HU had. Two that it doesnt show album art with android (only apple). Three the dreaded sun glare because of mounted position. Other than that its great. Even with those complaints a close friend still bought it for his bike.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The Aquatic bolts right up just like the factory HU. The gasket was real tight on mine so I used some soap for it to slide in. 2 bolts on each side. I have some long snap on hex sockets I used. With a regular Allen wrench, it would be a little more of a PIA but no big deal.
Factory plug in's right to the back of the HU

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have it. Only 3 complaints. One that it doesnt have automatic volume control that the stock HU had. Two that it doesnt show album art with android (only apple). Three the dreaded sun glare because of mounted position. Other than that its great. Even with those complaints a close friend still bought it for his bike.
If you have any amps hooked up, I have 2 and a DSP, you shouldn't use the AVC. No amps, sure.

Reactions: Mike U and Zedbra

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Many great HU out, not just these 2. For just sound quality purposes a lot of guys will run a Sony or Kenwood.

With a DSP just about all bets are off. Best money I have spent on audio

1 - 13 of 13 Posts