Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Road Glide

I’m looking at going to a Aquatic AV head unit as I’m on my 3rd Alpine HU.

My current set up is a Alpine 149BT

3) RS400 amps

Hawg Wired speakers.

I just had a Hawg Wired speaker blow, so I’m looking at replacing that set and going to a Hertz or equivalent speaker.....any suggestions for speakers????

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Jensen HD1BT deck is a direct replacement for stock UK radio... full plug and play AND WATERPROOF.

I just did this deck with 6 Iron 65s and Ss4.100 amp for a customer.... Sounds incredible.

I know you aren't going to get an entire system... but I highly recommend this deck.. BT and XM Radio built in....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll have to give the Jensen another look. I haven’t bought a Jensen product since I bought my last Kraco HU at KMart, probably 30 years ago.

I’d have to say those speakers probably play a big part in that sound. Ive heard they are pricey.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jensen HD1BT deck is a direct replacement for stock UK radio... full plug and play AND WATERPROOF.

I just did this deck with 6 Iron 65s and Ss4.100 amp for a customer.... Sounds incredible.

I know you aren't going to get an entire system... but I highly recommend this deck.. BT and XM Radio built in....

https://youtu.be/atgJrmK5CAc

Ugh....it lights up red. Lol.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
2011 Road Glide

I’m looking at going to a Aquatic AV head unit as I’m on my 3rd Alpine HU.

My current set up is a Alpine 149BT

3) RS400 amps

Hawg Wired speakers.

I just had a Hawg Wired speaker blow, so I’m looking at replacing that set and going to a Hertz or equivalent speaker.....any suggestions for speakers????

Thanks in advance.

What speaker locations are you using?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I’ll have to give the Jensen another look. I haven’t bought a Jensen product since I bought my last Kraco HU at KMart, probably 30 years ago.

I’d have to say those speakers probably play a big part in that sound. Ive heard they are pricey.
It's a very simple install... the deck is around $500... not cheap... but well built and many options. It's our 'go-to' deck for HK replacement. The Iron 65s are $600 /pr... you get what you pay for... they are VERY GOOD performers

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a very simple install... the deck is around $500... not cheap... but well built and many options. It's our 'go-to' deck for HK replacement. The Iron 65s are $600 /pr... you get what you pay for... they are VERY GOOD performers

It lights up red....lol. That kinda kills it for me, as my bike is converted to blue LED’s. Not concerned about simple installs, I just want something that sounds decent.

$600 a pair for speakers is way out of my realm as to what I would spend, $300 is about my limit, as eventually I’ll convert them all over from the Hawg Wired to whatever I go with.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You have lots of options for speakers. MMats, PRV, DD, Beyma and Hertz should be considered.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have lots of options for speakers. MMats, PRV, DD, Beyma and Hertz should be considered.

What’s a good waterproof option around the $250-300 mark?? I ride, alot, and it has to be something that can see the elements/weather.

From my ride a couple weeks ago.

Jasper, Alberta.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The MMatts I have are "Water resistant" spray on it. They are mids though, will need a tweeter/horn with those

Here is their coax https://www.mmatsproaudio.com/site/product/pa601cx/

DD E Class 6.5 Coaxial

You can take any speaker and wrap it with treated speaker cloth and it will protect it.

These are just some options. As far as how your amp will push them, I don't know

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

The Jensen would clash bigtime and drive me nuts.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
As we all know, not all 100 watts are created equal.

I have had my aquatic HU for over 3yrs and no problems at all. Hope Im not jinxing myself. I have the cheaper one and wish I would have got the next one up for the USB.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Good deal. Hope they work out for you

1 - 20 of 37 Posts