Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody just use the Aquatic AV head unit and the Focal speakers that you can get from DragonFly?

I just want a simple upgrade from stock for now on my 2010 RGC, later on I might add lids and an amp.

Thoughts from the RG crew?

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you are trying to piece everything together one at a time, you can do that. The aftermarket speakers and head unit will sound better, but do not expect to be blown away. Good two channel amps can be had out there for 2-300 bucks, and will bring your system to life, loud and clear going down the interstate

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Screw it, it is only money!

I should have it before the weekend.

If I need an amp later on, so be it, atleast I will have a good head unit.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I used my Aquatic AV without an amp before I got the J&M 500 watt amp and to tell you the truth I couldn't tell the difference between using a amp and not using a amp. I think the Aquatic AV sounds good without a amp.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a Aquatic Gen 3 with just upgraded Harley Boom Audio speakers and I am very happy at this point with the sound over the stock set up. With that being said, I am sure over time that I will upgrade with an amp and better quality speakers, but for now I am very happy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed it today.

It will work fine for my needs without an amp.

That said, it is not recognizing a thumb drive I have with a bunch of music on it.

I am aware that Aquatic has geared this to work with Ipod tech, I think I might invest in a nano.

For those of you who are techy, will I have issues getting the current music thats on my computer transfered on to an Ipod nano? Or will I have to do some ju-jitsu with Itunes?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have one with no amp and focal speakers. Far as I can tell there is NO amp in the radio. 288 watts... total bs.
Also lame... no radio info. Manual...worthless, I was excited about it in the box, not so much in the bike. Lesson learned

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update!

I have decided I need an amp. lol

Thinking the Diamond micro 2v2 maybe my best option, since I have no plans to do any other audio.

Thoughts from the experts?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey bigcraig, I pulled the trigger and did the Dragonfly stage 3 upgrade with Aquatic AV head unit, focal 2 channel amp and focal speakers about a month ago. Have been happy with it (though I probably paid a premium buying in a package for audio idiots)..Good luck! PS did you ever get the handlebar controls to work? Weird. My worked immediately. https://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com/index.htm

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Handle bar controls worked from the get go, truly plug and play. My issue was with trying to use a thumb drive, just wouldn't work. I chose to use an old Samsung Rugby pro cell phone I had and essentially turned it into a mp3 player. I don't like to store music on my personal phone. It works great.

That said, I just need to pull the trigger on an amp, bracket and harness. Just been too busy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts