Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aquatics AV review

image.jpg I installed the AQ-MP-5UBT-H on my roadie! Purchased for 375 on Amazon which was a deal considering two weeks ago it was 475. They have a cheaper unit for around 275!
This is a great drop in plug n play waterproof unit. 4x72 at 2 ohms with a built in 288w amp which I have turned off by the way. It's Bluetooth has USB port and two aux plugs and RCA inputs! I have the hog tunes amp and Harley boom speakers (which I'm gonna have to replace) and I haven't even turned it all the way up for fear I'm going to blow the speakers! You can take the faceplate off and put your IPod,iPhone,android in it and plug it into the USB port and control it with your hand controls. It also charges up your device when it's plugged in the USB port. I have a iPod I use and it toggles from track to track with the album artwork on the screen! No need to cut drill trim anything. Just giving a review for the ones who are considering this unit! It's fully capable of supporting the big sound system if that's the route you wanna take!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just what I've been looking for. Thx for the input!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the face off and access to usb aux input and holder for your device! I have a iPod gen 4 in tray but I'm very confident it will hold a iPhone 6 and MAYBE a 6 plus! I have the plus but have a bulky case on it and it fit width wise but a little long in length! With case off it should fit

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I was going to get that model but I elected to get the model without the color screen because the display was larger and easier to see but I am having a hell of a time hooking the amp to the RCA outputs.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My hogtunes amp hooks up directly to the speakers! I don't use the rca jacks but I think I remember on a review on Amazon that the rca inputs may be backwards! Don't know if it will help you or not!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
My hogtunes amp hooks up directly to the speakers! I don't use the rca jacks but I think I remember on a review on Amazon that the rca inputs may be backwards! Don't know if it will help you or not!
Now that would make sense on his issue. Good find. Someone had suggested using a different audio source to test the amp.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the copy of the review

Recently installed on my 09 FLTR utilizing Pre-outs through a J&M Rokker 4-Channel Amp.
Pro's
- Direct replacement plug and play for the stock Harley HK radio.
- Waterproof not just water resistant.
- Looks and sounds great and more power per channel than stock HK radio.
- Built in bluetooth automatically connects fast AND streams album Art.
- Handlebar controls all work Volume, track, and all audio (Balance, Fader, Bass, etc. etc.)
- Screen looks great at night see con below
Con's:
- Pre-Out Left and Right outputs were set up backwards. Basically when balancing left and right channels Full balance to right increased volume in the left speakers and vice versa. Had an almost immediate response back from Aquatica when I queried their customer service. Easiest solution (to get my bike back on the road!) was just to swap the pre-out leads around (instead of the normal red to red and white to white on the RCA plugs just went red to white and vice versa). Really not a big deal.
- Screen can be a little difficult to see in broad daylight.
- For some No CD (Not a con for me since I bluetooth all my music anyway)
- Cost Little pricey but is 100% plug and play in the stock Harley harness.

Summary: Really like the radio and install was a snap (once I figured out the left/right pre-outs were "backwards"). Would definitely recommend this radio for anyone looking to replace their stock HK unit.

·
JMJOHN
998 Posts
I also have a new Aquatic radio waiting for me when I return to Tucson on Wednesday next week ,,,,, ((we are in Galveston right now)) ,,,,

I am going to mount it into our own 2012 StreetGlide in place of the Haley HK radio ,,,,, then we will learn all of the correct connection procedures and amplifier tuning that needs to be done, to allow the new Aquatic radio to perform at its maximum level ,,,,,,

I will of course post the results here on RoadGlide forums ,,,,,

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Is this radio satellite ready or only AM/FM, Bluetooth ,sub?

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
I also have a new Aquatic radio waiting for me when I return to Tucson on Wednesday next week ,,,,, ((we are in Galveston right now)) ,,,,

I am going to mount it into our own 2012 StreetGlide in place of the Haley HK radio ,,,,, then we will learn all of the correct connection procedures and amplifier tuning that needs to be done, to allow the new Aquatic radio to perform at its maximum level ,,,,,,

I will of course post the results here on RoadGlide forums ,,,,,

Thanks john- let us know!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The daylight issue I would like to know more about that.. I currently run a Sony head unit and I can not see it at all...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I bought it too

I bought the color unit also in Sturgis at J&P store. It installs very easily, however if you ride an Ultra the back speakers are not plug and play, however they do include a small harness that you have to adapt to the pins on the second multi pin harness. The unit without any amplifier is WAY superior to the stock unit. I had the stock unit and the Rockford Fosgate speakers and amp kit before this and it completely got lost at around 75 MPH. I now run this unit with HD Boom speakers and I have clear sound at well over 100 MPH, you will lose it a little in a cross wind but can still hear it. The radio is much louder than the Bluetooth audio, but I guess that is to be expected. I like the fact that they have the ability to adjust your midrange levels which really helps at high speeds. My only complaint would be the display disappears in the sun on my Roadglide. The Bluetooth and USB both displays the album art, but that doesn't help when the display is blocked by glare. I think it would be much better on an Electra Glide. In all I love this unit, my buddy bought one at the same time for his Skunk CVO and loves it equally as much with only front speakers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts