Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering who else is using this amp?

How did you mount it? I am not very happy with the way it is mounted in my fairing and am looking for ideas. I could buy a PBR300x2 and get a bracket from H-donut for it, but I like the amp.

Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
67 Posts
I mounted mine between the inner wall and the glove box on the left side from the front, under the brake lever. A trick I learned is put your sticky back velcro in place then put a thin piece of plastic( I used and old dealer plate from my wife explorer) behind the amp between the 2 sides of velcro. This will let you slide it in easily and postioing it in palce. I also raised the front of the Amp some as it was hitting the fairing. That is how I figured out about the thin plastic. I had to remove the amp and get it further up in the hole there.
I hope that helps,
Mark

·
Registered
362 Posts
Here is where I mounted mine

Attachments

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
or buy a piece of plexiglass -

another member on the board kinda fashioned one up
using the part I make and some additional material

I can send you the link - we talked at length about making a side mount for the bigger amps - I would have to pull my side speakers

once speakers are mounted I don't like removing them, so I dropped the ball, maybe it's fear of destroying the GTX somehow

didn't mean to sound rude about suggesting you replace you ARC with a PBR, but it is a good amp, and inexpensive and loud, and the fitment and application to the bike is more logical

1 - 6 of 6 Posts